ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Google Crawl Errors Relating to SEO URL rewrite?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Crawl Errors Relating to SEO URL rewrite?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2011 at 11:52am
Thanks Brett - I checked that out and did not find any capitalized PC.  My folder name is lowercase too.  I will do a search of my site for PC all caps later today. 
Curt
TangoHosting View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2011 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Brett Brett wrote:

The issue appears to be related to case sensitivity.

http://www.avalanche-ranch.com/rusticlighting/PC/Avalanche-Table-Lamp-Bear-304p35080.htm

http://www.avalanche-ranch.com/rusticlighting/pc/Avalanche-Table-Lamp-Bear-304p35080.htm

The second one works and it has a lower-case PC, while the first and broken one has an upper-case PC. It's hard to be sure what would be causing this without checking out your 404.asp and related files like pcSeoLinks.asp

Bret’s theory seems to be correct, the issues is PC needs to be low case in the URLs.  We have confirmed this on another client’s ProductCart website with the 404 SEO implementation on a separate web server than Curt’s avalanche-ranch.com (Both servers are Windows 2003 SP2 / IIS 6) .

As noted, we recommend updating your ProductCart system code to generate URLs with pc in lower case.

Tango Hosting
http://www.tangohosting.com

Edited by TangoHosting - 28-February-2011 at 7:47pm
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2011 at 7:33pm
/PC/ could be somewhere in your template. You may want to download your sites header and footer and any static html pages you may have and look for PC in caps and replace with lowercase... or just update the file that Brett suggested to automatically rewrite to lowercase pc.
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2011 at 4:00pm
Well, I found the offending /PC/ - it was in my folder structure on my dreamweaver software on my desktop.
Somewhere along the line when i set up the mirrored site I used a capitalized PC.  So have changed that and it updated all the links, so I will wait to see it that clears it up.
Thanks all.
Curt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2011 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by avalight avalight wrote:

Well, I found the offending /PC/ - it was in my folder structure on my dreamweaver software on my desktop.
Somewhere along the line when i set up the mirrored site I used a capitalized PC.  So have changed that and it updated all the links, so I will wait to see it that clears it up.
Thanks all.

Sounds like you found the problems Curt, let us know if there is anything else we do on our end.

Edited by TangoHosting - 01-March-2011 at 4:44pm
Tango Hosting
BBB A+

Authorized ProductCart Hosting
Over 6 Years of Professional ProductCart Hosting Starting at $6.95 Monthly.
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2011 at 7:28pm
Hi there,
I have a similar issue that I thought was related to migrating servers but it's been a while now and I see the same issues as mentioned in this post, except my scPcFolder name is omitted and google shows it as a crawl error.

The first link is what Google sees, with the missing scPcFolder, as seen through the Google Webmaster Tools Crawl Errors

The next link is the actual link with the scPcFolder

My sitemap has all the correct links as does the store map. My custom 404 appears to work as expected but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is omitting the scPcFolder.

In genGoogleSiteMapA the code seems correct between lines 31 and 47, but again the sitemap confirms this is working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
EveningSecrets Lingerie...what 'every body' wants
EveningSecrets Lingerie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2011 at 8:32pm

Hello Rick_N

Your issue does not appear to be related to Curt’s which was a coding issue.

Please ensure you are calling the correct sitemap file in your webmaster tools account. For example, the sitemap URL below seems to include the correct URLs:

http://www.eveningsecrets.com/sitemap.xml

Google is indexing the 404 rewrite URLs:

Google.com > Search for site:www.eveningsecrets.com

Tango Hosting
BBB A+

Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2011 at 3:02pm
Hi TH,
thanks for the response. I only have the one siteMap.xml in the webmaster tools account. The URL that it is pointing to is correct, ie www.eveningsecrets.com/siteMap.xml. As you can see in the image provided everything seems correct.

Unless I am misunderstanding your point, I believe everything there is OK.

Thanks.
Rick
EveningSecrets Lingerie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2011 at 3:58pm
Hello Rick,

Please supply a screen-shot of the crawl errors.

Thank you,
Tango Hosting
BBB A+

Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2011 at 5:29pm
Hi TH,

OK as requested here is an image of the first few... a full csv file should be attached here as well.

Thanks.

You will see there are a few in the list with the correct folder structure (/lingerie/pc/) although the majority of them have the /lingerie/ omitted. The ones with the correct structure I am not worried about as I typically see three or four in there occasionally.

Edited by Rick_N - 05-May-2011 at 5:32pm
EveningSecrets Lingerie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic