ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Google Crawl Errors Relating to SEO URL rewrite?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Crawl Errors Relating to SEO URL rewrite?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2011 at 9:46pm
Hello Rick,

You're robots.txt is restricting Google from crawling your web site.

http://www.eveningsecrets.com/robots.txt

In your robots.txt, update:

User-Agent: *
Disallow: /cleanStore/
Disallow: /lingeriev4/
Disallow: /testStore/
Disallow: /store/

To allow all robots to access your site:

User-agent: *
Disallow:

Thank you
Tango Hosting
http://www.tangohosting.com
BBB A+

Authorized ProductCart Hosting
Over 6 Years of Professional ProductCart Hosting Starting at $6.95 Monthly.
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2011 at 2:51pm
Hi again,
actually it's only restricting those folders you see. I get an average of 180 pages crawled per day from different bots. I don't think the problem is there. The robots.txt file is only disregarding those folders in the list. It still crawls the scPcFolder, which is /lingerie/.

I have a page rank of 3 and am listed on page one on several keyword searches. Again, unless I am misunderstanding, the robots.txt file is working as expected.
EveningSecrets Lingerie...what 'every body' wants
EveningSecrets Lingerie
TangoHosting View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2011 at 4:26pm
Hello Rick,

You're right. Did you create sitemaps or back door pages with the 404 error links? Try searching your site files for the 404 links.

Thank you

Tango Hosting
BBB A+

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2011 at 4:51pm
Hi,  You could also go to Google and enter link:one-of-the-offending-urls

That should list the page(s) that link to the problem url's, if they were found by a googlebot. 
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2011 at 10:13am
Originally posted by TangoHosting TangoHosting wrote:

Hello Rick,

You're right. Did you create sitemaps or back door pages with the 404 error links?

Thanks again for the help folks!
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with that. I have not not done anything with the error links...they are just there Confused

If I check the link as mentioned in google I come up with no pages found; ie link:http://www.eveningsecrets.com/pc/Brazilian-Bikini-4p1732.htm
which is a page that one of the errors are linked from.

I have checked all my internal links that would relate to the product list and do not see anything odd. The storemap has all the correct links as well. I'll go through the site again, but it appears the link is being generated somewhere, as any of the pages that link to the offending URL's do not exist on my site.

Thanks.
Rick
EveningSecrets Lingerie
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2011 at 4:38pm
I found one file in my root folder called index.html, which is not used. There was a link in there as follows:
Is it possible the bot crawled this link and continued through creating the links without the scPcFolder? It's the only thing left I can think of. I removed the page altogether and I guess I'll have to wait and see.
EveningSecrets Lingerie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2011 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Rick_N Rick_N wrote:

I found one file in my root folder called index.html, which is not used. There was a link in there as follows:
Is it possible the bot crawled this link and continued through creating the links without the scPcFolder? It's the only thing left I can think of. I removed the page altogether and I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Hello Rick,

It seem very unlikely that google WMT would create and attempt to crawl links that do not exist. I'm pretty sure that there is a file or files that are/were referencing the non-existent URLs in your web site.

Bottom-line: The issue is not related to the default ProductCart system code. You may find further assistance through the google webmaster tools group:

http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Webmaster_Help-Tools/topics

Thank you

Edited by TangoHosting - 07-May-2011 at 5:46pm
Tango Hosting
BBB A+

Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2011 at 4:12pm
Hi TH,
no I didn't think it had anything to do with with the PC code, but was hoping this may have been obvious to someone. Everything was fine before I migrated over to a new server. I checked to make sure I was returning a 404 status code and everything appears to be setup as per the SEO instructions(PC WIKI).

I'll keep hunting for the file(s) and if I ever figure it out I'll let you know.

Thanks again for the help.
EveningSecrets Lingerie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoHosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2011 at 4:19pm
Hi Rick,

You're welcome, sorry we weren't able to point you to the solution.

Good luck

Tango Hosting
BBB A+

Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2011 at 6:34pm
OK, just had to rehash this one more time. I finally got around to checking out what is gong on. It appears that any full URL, an absolute link, that I have in my pages shows corrrectly. If I use a relative link, such as in my header file for images, the link shows up bad. Does not associate the directories above it.

Has this to do with Parent Paths Enabled or Disabled? The server I am on has parent paths enabled and of course all the files I have for PC are PPE files. I attached another two images of some of the files that show as broken links.

Thanks in advance for any information.

EveningSecrets Lingerie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic