ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Google Crawl Errors Relating to SEO URL rewrite?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Crawl Errors Relating to SEO URL rewrite?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2011 at 6:39pm
You must have those links somewhere. Do you have any page that is outside of the "lingerie/pc/" folder? If so, that's probably the issue.

Otherwise: are you submitting a sitemap? Review the URLs included in the sitemap. If there is an issue, make sure that the code has not been altered, and that the "includes/productcartfolder.asp" file includes the correct folder name.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2011 at 6:49pm
Hi and thanks for the quick response.
I have gone through every single page twice to find any offending links. I cannot find anything.
The includes folder is correct and the sitemap.xml generates perfect links, as does all the other navigation links.
This is an image from my header file

So if you look at the image in my prior post, any link that I have hardcoded in the file shows correct. The images, where I only reference the image directory where the file is located, ie images/mcard.gif shows up as a bad link in the image in the prior post.

Not sure what else you can think of but thanks again!
EveningSecrets Lingerie...what 'every body' wants
EveningSecrets Lingerie
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2011 at 7:24pm
Our webmaster tools reported broken links that we couldn't find anywhere... I later found out those links are coming from other sites that are linking to us...the problem i think is that googlebot keeps on trying to browse the site with the broken url. The absolute URL's are obviously going to work..... but the relative URL's will continue to be broken.
That's my theory. Do a google search to see if you can find if a site that has an incorrect link to you. We've fixed these using isapi to redirect the original broken link to a fixed one. An example is... a link would come in missing part of the url... in your case its missing the lingerie part
http://www.eveningsecrets.com/pc/Brazilian-Bikini-4p1732.ht
if your links are relative...then it will never put the lingerie back... you need to use ISAPI to automatically add the lingerie back to the url. This is how we corrected the issue. Here is what our code looks like. This is with Rewrite v2. Not sure if it works on the latest version. Basically we are redirecting any url that is completely missing /productcart/pc/, only missing /productcart/ or only missing /pc/ to the correct structure.

RewriteRule /([^./]+\.htm) http://www.abc.com/productcart/pc/$1 [I,RP]
RewriteRule /productcart/([^./]+)\.htm http\://www.abc.com/productcart/pc/$1.htm [I,RP]
RewriteRule /pc/([^./]+)\.htm http\://www.abc.com/productcart/pc/$1.htm [I,RP]

Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2011 at 7:43pm
Fantastic information! That sounds like a great route to start from. I'll hunt down external links from other sites and see what is going on. In the meantime I'll fire up IIS and do the rewrites as you mentioned. Thanks for going the extra mile and providing the string.
Thanks again for your valuable input and time.
EveningSecrets Lingerie...what 'every body' wants
EveningSecrets Lingerie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic