ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guests vs Customers CP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guests vs Customers CP
    Posted: 20-April-2010 at 4:12pm
Typically when looking up a customer (on the control panel) I can place an order through the "place an order" link.

I have noticed though that the "place an order" link is removed on guest accounts.

Is this typical? Can I edit to it to allow "place an order" for these guests?

I assume this was done for a reason so I should ask why before changing stuff around.

Thanks
Josh
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2010 at 5:48pm
Hi Josh,
  Accounts placed by a Guest do not have a password associated with them, so the "Place an Order" feature cannot work as it does an "auto-login" without revealing the password - but it still needs to be there. To place an order on behalf of someone who has ordered as a guest you can either convert them to a registered customer by adding a password to their account, or go to the store-front and place an order without being logged in and then going through the guest checkout again. Of course the latter route would need the address details keying in again - so I don't recommend it. If they are a returning customer I think they would most likely be OK with becoming a registered customer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic