ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hide BTO Items which are out of stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hide BTO Items which are out of stock
    Posted: 12-December-2009 at 5:26pm
I am looking at using this code change as described above that is in the FAQ about hiding products when stock goes to zero.  If I make this code change, what happens to the products that are apparel products?  Will they hide too?  I don't want them to.    I want PC to work in the standard "out of the box" way for the apparel products.  We have both apparel products and non-apparel products.  For only the non-apparel products do I want to have hidden in the storefront once stock level is depleted.  We are using v3.51a.
Curt
TechThinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechThinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2009 at 5:40am
OK, we were blind...

We looked for the Inventory Options in the "Store Settings", not in the "BTO Settings. We set the Inventory Settings there to use the Store Settings and the problem was solved.

Many thanks for helping us out....
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2009 at 1:27am
Make sure that the BTO settings are set to enable the store's overall inventory settings on BTO products. You should also make sure that the BTO product itself is not setup to disregard inventory.

In cases like this, it's best to open a support ticket so that we can review your store settings. If you cannot find the problem, please open a support ticket.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
TechThinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechThinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2009 at 4:18am
Hi and thanks for the latest suggestions.

We are currently using the version 3.5b of BTO. Could you please tell us how we can setup our store to enforce inventory?

In the store settings, we found the option "Allow customers to purchase out of stock items" and set it to "No", but the BTO Items are still displayed on the customization pages.

We do not use the Apparal Add-On, are we blind not to find the "enforce inventory" option or do we also have to alter the code like described in the faq http://www.earlyimpact.com/faqs/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=534&source=KB ?

Many thanks in advance...

avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2009 at 11:37pm
Yes, that was the FAQ I was looking for!  I searched and searched for this , just used the wrong search term Tongue
Curt
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2009 at 7:24pm
Perhaps the following FAQ will work for you?

The ProductCart Team

avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2009 at 7:01pm
How about if we are not using BTO or Apparel Add-on?  In the basic PC, can out of stock items be hidden?  We sometimes have one-of-a-kind items, which when they are sold, they are gone.  I don't want to have to go and make the item "not active".  Or is there a quick code change to mark the product "not active" instead of, say, sending me a notification via email of the low stock, which I suppose is the only way I currently see to do this...
Curt
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 10:33am
If we correctly understand what you would like ProductCart to do, this is the way the Build To Order system already works. Make sure that you are using the latest version, and that you have setup your store to enforce inventory.
The ProductCart Team

TechThinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechThinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 9:02am
Hello,

I've the following Question: Is there a way to automaticaly hide products (BTO Items) which are currently out of stock on the page where the BTO Product can be configured?

Our BTO Items are updated daily via product import. If an Item is currently out of stock, no price information would be available (base price = 0). It's not so good if that Item is still displayed on the customisation page and could be ordered for that price Clap

If it is not possible to completely hide products which are out of stock is there a way do disable the selection of them (grey them out) or anything else?

Thanx in advance for Informations about this...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic