ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How can I copy a product's page layout without...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How can I copy a product's page layout without...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I copy a product's page layout without...
    Posted: 26-April-2017 at 7:22pm
How can I copy a product's page layout without overwriting the description and other content of the destination product?

I setup a product page layout that I want to use on a bunch of products from a couple categories. I tried copying it to one of them and it deleted the destination product's description.

Am I doing this wrong or is there no way to copy a page layout to another product and then use that product's own description and other fields in the copied layout?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2017 at 8:26pm
Hi Brett,

Without knowing more about your specific environment (mainly the ProductCart version and Add-ons), it's difficult to provide an accurate response - but with v5.2, the process of Applying a Custom Page Layout to other Products is straightforward and does not overwrite the destination Product's Description.

On the Product Page Layout [tab] of the Product Details Page, you should see the following options:

• To reset to the default tabbed display layout, click here
  • To copy the layout from another product, click here
  • To apply this layout to other products, click here
  • To clear this layout and start from scratch, click here
  • To save this layout as the store default, click here
In the 3rd one (Apply to Other Products), you can do this operation and then should see the following selections which are applicable when Product Tabs are used:

- Clear custom HTML content when copying from source product tabs.
- Also copy custom HTML content from source products tabs.
- Don't copy product tab layout and custom HTML content (safest option)

In any case, after making your selection and proceeding through the process of applying the Custom Page Layout... only the Layout itself is applied to the destination Products, but all of the Descriptions are left intact.

If this is not the behavior that you are seeing on your store, please submit a regular support ticket so we can investigate further. Thank you.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2017 at 9:24pm
Which option do I select? "Also copy custom HTML content from source products tabs."?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic