ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want to disable the guest checkout!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2010 at 12:15pm
I tried it earlier and it gave an error so there is code connected somewhere else
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2010 at 12:39pm
Hi Cindy,

The validation code for the double password is is in onepagecheckoutJS.asp so you have to edit that file and onepagecheckout.asp

I don't think its anywhere else.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2010 at 12:58pm
We will soon being ALPHA testing changes to the checkout process. As previously mentioned, we will post here links to an internal test store where you can test the changes and provide your feedback.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2010 at 12:17pm
Great looking forward to it. I just went LIVE to v4 and this is causing some confusion.

This sums it up...
In version 4 as it stands there is no option for a customer to create a new account when checking out. They either have to be an existing customer or checkout as a guest.

I think I will also do the change to "new customer" and let them decide later if they want to enter a password.
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 1:37pm
Alpha testing has been completed on this modification to the v4 checkout system. This is such an important feature that we want you to be able to review it and provide feedback well ahead of the 4.1 release (release date yet to be finalized - probably June).

You can test it on this internal test store, which is a copy of the ProductCart standard version demo store that is active on the Early Impact Web site. This test store is being regularly updated with the latest v4.1 files.

Storefront: http://www.earlyimpact.net/stdv41/pc/
Control Panel: http://www.earlyimpact.net/stdv41/pcadmin
(12345/demo)

You will find the 3 "Guest Checkout" settings under "Settings > Checkout Options"

Guest%20Checkout%20settings%20in%20v4.1

We look forward to your feedback.
The ProductCart Team

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 2:58pm
Excellent News.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Nigel
Innerview
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 3:30pm
My first reaction is that it is not visible enough.  Most folks like me use autofill and I did not even see the password fields when I put an order through.  Can it still be separated like before to make it very noticeable.  I would also suggest an instruction like " (5 characters min.)" next to the field.
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 3:48pm
I never use the autofill - drives me nuts !

I do agree with you on the visibilty though Cindy - The password field is rather hidden within the address boxes.

Nigel
Innerview
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 3:56pm
Thank you for your feedback.

Please always indicate which of the 3 settings you are testing with. The behavior changes depending on which setting you choose in the Control Panel.

As for the password fields: we plan on adding a text message above the fields to let customers know why they may want to register. Of course, this message will be hidden when option #3 is chosen, since the password becomes a required field.

We can also add some interface elements to make the password fields more visible (e.g. different background color) when options 1 and 2 are used.
The ProductCart Team

mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 5:51pm
I too am wondering why the password field has been moved within the "Address" section.  It seemed to make sense where it was before, towards the end of the onepage process. 

The new layout gives the appearance that the password is being applied to the address rather than the whole account.

It is such an important field that it could even have had its own section in my mind with a store defined decription field above (like is currently available with the shipping section) so a store owner could add their own notes with regards the password field (eg benefits of becoming a registered user, a link to the stores privacy policy or as Cindy suggested a min number of characters etc etc).

Matt

Edited by mattprice - 15-March-2010 at 6:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic