ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Images for Categories in Configuration Screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images for Categories in Configuration Screen
    Posted: 11-October-2010 at 1:25pm
Hi all,

Our small business is trying to customize the look of our configuration page and I can't find a particular functionality that I had in mind. Does anyone know how to, instead of displaying a product image for every product within a category in a BTO configuration screen, to display just one image per category.

Although you can attribute an image to a category in the category settings page, I don't know of a way to make that appear in the configurator. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Alex L.
Alex L.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2010 at 8:39am
Hi Alex,
  Can you share a URL with us?
I think, when you are talking about categories, you mean BTO Items as BTO Products are built from selections of other Products or BTO Items. It's a terminology thing, but important to avoid confusion.

alexL-icc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2010 at 9:10am
Hi Hamish,

Thanks for your response. I'm referring to the groupings of the Products/BTO Items in the BTO Product. So, for example, on this configuration page of our site, the first Category would be "2U Dual Intel CPU Barebone Server", the second would be "Processor DP: Intel Xeon 5600 Socket 1366", etc.

What I am looking to do is to have an image be displayed next to each Category - i.e. an image of a computer chassis for the first Category on the page mentioned above, an image of a processor for the second Category, etc. (not images for each Product/BTO Item, but one image for each Category).

I hope that clears it up.
Alex L.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2010 at 4:58pm
http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3753

Alex, I think this might work for you. It's not for version 4.1, so make sure you test it before going live.

Edited by Brett - 13-October-2010 at 4:58pm
alexL-icc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 12:45pm
Thanks for the suggestion, Brett. I noticed that the source code suggestions that you recommended in that post display the category image below the category title. I was considering displaying the category image to the left of the category title, not below it.

Thanks for the advice - what I really wanted to know was whether this feature came standard in ProductCart (and I was not finding it) or whether source code modifications were needed.
Alex L.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 12:48pm
it's not a standard feature that I know of. moving it to the side of the title should be as easy as moving the td. about to go get some lunch, but perhaps I'll look at the code again when I return. the modification needed is minimal. I believe it's just one page you have to change
alexL-icc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2010 at 6:59pm
Cool, thanks again for your help! I think I'll try to do this.
Alex L.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic