ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Importing BTO Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing BTO Products
    Posted: 25-November-2008 at 4:04pm

I am attempting to import a new group of BTO products utilizing the "Product Import Wizard". I am able to successfully upload the product data file, however everytime I attempt to map the fields I get "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page".

I am connected to the internet and can do other things on the internet. About an hour ago I was able to upload and map field totally importing BTO products with no problem, however I have tried to do this for the last 30 minutes and repeatedly get the same message. I have copied and pasted the data into new excel worksheets and attempted to save the data in different formats, but nothing seems to help or enable me to map the fields.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 4:23pm
Hi Nas,
  Did you remember to correctly set the named range? That's by far the commonest cause of problems with imports.
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 7:58am
Yes, I set the range and changed the SKU's to text. I even copied the text into a new spreadsheet three times doing the same with the range and the SKU's to text and even alternating saving the document from .cvs to .xls. All with the same result.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 1:02pm
Hi Nas,
  Are these actually BTO ITEMS - which are distinct from BTO PRODUCTS ?
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 1:08pm

They are BTO Products.

I finally got them to upload after cutting my spreadsheet in half and uploading it as two seperate parts (Is there a limit to how many BTO products can be uploaded at one time?). I also cut out the columns that I could do without that had "0" in them and went down to the bare essentials, SKU, name, description, price, and some custom search fields I had added.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 3:50pm
OK, I can't be certain, but sounds like it was timing out, must be either a lot of products, or a low timeout threshold, or both. If you think it was timing out then take a look at the entry in the WIKI : http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/developers/timeout-issues

Anyway, I'm glad the load was successful in the end. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic