ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

installing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: installing
    Posted: 03-August-2006 at 3:47pm
what is the first thing i do when Iget the software-

upload to server?

is it as easy a s ftp upload
Cey
http://www.ceylandesign.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2006 at 3:51pm

Yes. You will:

• Upload the files via FTP
  • Set folder permissions
  • Create a connection to the database
  • Run the activation Wizard

For details, please download the User Guide and review Chapter 2, which contains everything you need to know about installing and activating ProductCart. The installation is the same for v2.76 and v3.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Ceylan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 2:20am
I am on a Mac OS X 10.4.7

is this going to be a problem?

I am not talking about the server—— but my local copmputer on which I will use dreamweaver or Golive  to customize the header and footer files.

Cey
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 2:42am
No, there are many Web designers that use ProductCart and are also MAC users.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Ceylan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 3:17am
well it looks like I may get  a license Clap

do you have hosting suggestions-

are there host services with pcart support?

do you provide hosting?
Cey
Ceylan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 3:19am
I don't know if you can help with this but...before buying the license I
need to estimate how long it will take me to set up a custom cart, including installation on server, customization (not my design time-just adding design to cart and adding databse and images), as wellas setting up admin window for client .

Once I design the site I need to set up the cart to reflect the design( I've read the header and footer info- that won't  take longI figure 2-3 hrs at most- but wondering about setting up the catalog pages with all the thumb photos , incorporating the databse etc...I 've never done this so don't know if its just a matter of uploading images and database?

so I'm having a hard time figuring out how many hours all this will take?

it may help you to know my intial design quote for html pages included this-

Buttons/links will include: “About Us", " New Cards ", " Assortments", "Customer Service" section , “Privacy Policy" , “Contact ".  All pages will be designed to support a search input box where visitors will be able to enter search terms. All pages will be designed to support a signup input box where visitors will be able to enter their email address to signup to receive information.

This quote includes, for the New cards section, placement of a total of 65 photo thumbs and creation of 65 subsequent main pages with large photos

and for the  Assortment section: 6 photo thumbs pages each opening to 12 thumbs page of card photos

contained in each box and creation of 72 subsequent main pages with large photos

Can anyone help me estimate the time so I can give my client an honest precise quote based on the time it will take me to implement all this?

Edited by Ceylan - 04-August-2006 at 3:20am
Cey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic