Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Internet Explorer 9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2011 at 7:59pm
The issue is jQuery. For some crazy reason Microsoft released a browser that is not compatible with the current version of jQuery. A new version of jQuery is being released "as we speak" and we will have a fix for this soon based on that.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2011 at 8:29pm
Damn, that's a shame because I think I modified a couple things on my jQuery, so there will probably be more to do :( The worst thing is: Microsoft is apparently already including IE9 on machines, because a lot of our elderly customers have it pre-installed somehow, even in its less-than-working state.

One cool thing it has, however, is the F12 developer tools. Previously I'd have to use firebug with Firefox to do any serious troubleshooting. Now I can do the same with Internet Explorer (which is unfortunately what a majority of our visitors use)
joshs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2011 at 9:22pm
Typical Microsoft fashion.
Josh Shirley
josh@windsurfutah.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2011 at 3:33am
Here is the fix. We tested this fix successfully in several tests conducted on different stores, and with different computers.

Installation instructions:
  • Simply upload the files to the corresponding folders
  • Note that the "pcadmin" folder is typically renamed on a ProductCart-powered store
  • The attached files simply replace jQuery with the latest version
Let us know if you run into any issues. We plan on posting this to the ProductCart Support Center tomorrow, unless we hear of any issues

Other notes:
  • If you are using a jQuery theme other than the default one used in ProductCart, you should download the new version of that theme (see this document on that topic)
  • We did see a strange issue with Google Chrome: you might see an error on One Page Checkout, at the payment step. Just clear the Cache and the error will disappear (this should never happen with your customers, unless they recently visited that very page, with Google Chrome).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 5:56pm
Just had a customer call and say they couldn't check out as they clicked on the checkout buttons (Google checkout as well) nothing happened. He was using IE (he didn't know what version but I'm guessing 9). I just tested in IE9 and getting the same results trying the normal checkout button (and view button). Also if I click on add to cart, the pop-up showing "view cart" or "continue" is transparent. Does anyone know what css file controls this? Anyone seeing the checkout links not working?

Thanks,

Alan
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 6:01pm
Alan, we  have at least one client who installed the IE9 patch and it worked just fine.  I'm sure you installed EI's latest patch, but you may want to double-check that the very latest files are installed.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 6:03pm
Thanks Greg, I did install it the other day (that's when the problem seemed to start). I'm going to re-download and re-install and see if that make a difference. Appreciate your help.

Alan
joshs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by macleather macleather wrote:

Also if I click on add to cart, the pop-up showing "view cart" or "continue" is transparent. Does anyone know what css file controls this? Anyone seeing the checkout links not working?

The easiest fix is creating a new them with the jquery theme roller.
http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/
Install the css files in the includes/jquery/themes/ folder.

Other than that the IE9 patch seems to work, although a few of the un updated firefox clients have an issue. Firefox is good about getting people to update so I don't worry about that.
Josh Shirley
josh@windsurfutah.com
bp_travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp_travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2011 at 9:38am
I installed the jQuery fix for IE9 and all is well except for one feature. The image magnifier (MojoZoom) has very sporadic behavior on IE9. I assume this fix will come sometime in the future. 
blackey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2011 at 9:24pm
So I tried the patch on 4.0 - We've got a lot of modifications and were headed towards 4.1, but it's going to be a while.  It does not seem to work in 4.0.  Are you going to create a patch for 4.0?

www.lpiracing.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic