ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Internet Explorer 9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 4:55pm
The Mojozoom IE9 patch is in Service Pack 2
owendf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owendf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 1:20pm
Hello Greg, that is correct. The portion I quoted in my post was in reaction to the comment that I replied to.
On April 7, earlyimp wrote: "MojoZoom is the only feature that we know of where there is an outstanding conflict with IE9. We have contacted the company that created the tool, and they indicated that they do not plan to update it in the near future.

We need to see whether we have time to update the code ourselves, or whether we need to insert code that detects IE9 and disables this feature. We'll make a decision on this soon."

As far as I can tell, early impact has neither fixed it nor inserted code to detect ie9 and disable mojozoom. I was hoping that they could at least post the code to detect ie9 and disable mojozoom in the case where IE9 is the browser being used, or something, so that users could at least work-around this rather glaring problem.

Sorry for not being clear enough before.

Thanks,
Owen
owendf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owendf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 1:21pm
Oh, OK- it isn't listed in the fixes in service pack 2 as far as I can see. But I'll install and see. Thanks.
-Owen

Edited by owendf - 24-May-2011 at 1:22pm
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 1:31pm
Since neither EI or anyone else has fixed this Mojozoom problem or found an alternative script, I have set my site to IE8-compatibility mode. All is well in Firefox and Safari of course. Its just Microsoft's browser which causes the problem.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 1:32pm
Just seen Matt's post yesterday. Has EI devised a fix after all ?
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 3:37pm
Yes, there is a fix in Service Pack 2 (and of course it will be part of v4.5 as well).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
owendf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owendf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 2:18am
Hello bodyexposed or anyone else,

Could you post how to set to a site to ie8 compatability mode? I don't curently pay the yearly fee to EI for upgrades so I need a work-around for the mojozoom problem, and don't know how to st the site to use IE8 compatability mode (searched the forum and the wiki). Thanks!

Edited by owendf - 25-May-2011 at 2:19am
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 3:24am
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

Is what you in the <head> of your header.asp page to emulate IE7.

I'm just checking for IE8 as I haven't used that yet. I'll get back to you.

Nigel

Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 3:31am
It appears you can use the same code but simply substitute the IE7 for IE8

There is an excellenty article on compatability modes here:

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
owendf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owendf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 3:33am
Thank you very much Nigel!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic