FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making Discounts Add to price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making Discounts Add to price
    Posted: 27-February-2008 at 9:45am
Hi,
  Did you manage to find a solution to match your needs?

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 6:17pm
Hi,
  Do you mean the discounts as can be set in the admin panel under Marketing > Quantity Discounts ?

If so, possibly the easiest way is to set a positive discount, adjust your base price UP by 10% and swap the wording on the  screens around. I've NOT tried it  and you may need to experiment with wording, or even customizing the  screen that displays  the product  prices to get it looking how you want it to.

If this is not the correct discount then please let us know.

As regards customer psychology - they always prefer to see a discount instead of a service charge, or, second best, just wrap the  10% service charge into the base price.

Another option is to add it as part of shipping - but if customers don't become aware of an extra 10% until checkout then you are likely to have quite a high cart abandonment rate imho.

milehighauto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milehighauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2007 at 1:54pm
Hi,

Is there anyway to make the discount a positive number? I would like to charge a service fee of 10% to my orders. I can change the language file from Discount to Service fee, but don't see how to make the discount positive instead of the default negative.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic