ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minimum no. of units

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 4:00pm
Hi Nigel,
   It should have worked OK.

Take a look at these lines  (177 in V3.11 of checkout.asp) :

if countCartRows(pcCartArray, ppcCartIndex)=0 then
        response.redirect "msg.asp?message=9"
    end if

Amending this to :-

if countCartRows(pcCartArray, ppcCartIndex)<12 then
        response.redirect "msg.asp?message=9"
    end if

It worked OK when I tested it - although of course the message was incorrect :-) .

HOWEVER - I found another related issue - This counts the number of DIFFERENT products, so if someone selects a combination including a multiple of any bottle that would NOT be counted - So it will need to take that into account as well.
In addition I suspect your client wants to sell in MULTIPLES of 12 - so you would need to use MOD 12 <> 0  instead of just <12.

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 4:14pm
Hi Hamish,

That was driving me nuts - I couldn't understand why it didn't work but if it only counts the number of products not the number of bottles ordered then it makes sense.

Thanks for that - I'm not going crazy!

The client doesn't need to sell 12 of any particular wine type - just 12 in total to make up a case. Does the code you suggested do that?

Nigel

Edited by intour - 07-July-2008 at 4:15pm
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 4:27pm
One other thing.

The same code appear at lines 100 and 209 too.

I best check it more thoroughly.

Nigel
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 4:44pm

I'm losing the plot here Confused

Its not at those lines in checkout.asp - only the one instance - why did I think there was 3 ?

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 5:10pm
Hi Hamish,

I discovered what happened to the missing code - it was in orderverify.asp not checkout.asp

Nigel

Nigel

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 5:14pm
"Does the code you suggested do that?" Nope, it doesn't - To make this work as you need will take a bit of investigation to find which value in an array holds the the number of the product has been ordered. As EI already did this for Matt and both you and he want the same functionality it seems to make sense to bring that code up to date to match the latest version. I'll PM Matt.

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 5:31pm

I should clarify this one.

The minimum anyone can buy is 12 bottles but this does not mean mutiples of 12.

They can purchase any amount over 12 - strange I know !

Nigel

Edited by intour - 07-July-2008 at 5:32pm
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2008 at 4:26pm
Hi Hamish and Matt,

Just wanted to update you on this one.

I now have it working thanks to a little help from someone on another forum I've been vsisiting on and off since 2002.

If you need the code please email me. A few short lines did the trick.

Nigel

Edited by intour - 15-July-2008 at 4:27pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2008 at 4:40am
Hi Nigel,
        Yes, I'd be interested.  Matt - I've not forgotten. Just V busy.
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 7:08am
Hi Hamish,

Well 6 months down the line (it is not usually my response time on a thread reply) and I see you are on the EI payroll.  Thats great news !!

I wondered whether you are able to take a look at the EI mod that was done for me (and mentioned earlier on in this thread) when I purchased my licence of Productcart + BTO some 18 months ago ?  I paid EI to get the multiple order quantity that is currently featured to work independently of the minimum order quantity.  The solution that EI did for me was a few hours work and worked perfectly.  The problem was that by the time I was ready to implement my store version 3 enhancements came on leaps and bounds and my technical incompetence meant I could not bring this feature mod up to the latest revision.

I would gladly pay to have the feature V3.5 compatible. Can you help ? 

Regards
Matt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic