ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minimum no. of units

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 7:23am
Hi Matt,

Was the solution I ended up with what you are after? If so you are welcome to see the code.

Quite simple to implement too.

Nigel
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 8:36am
Hi Nigel,

I think we had different requirements.  As far as I understand you had quite an unusal requirement in that the total order quantity of any mix of products had to be at least X qty.   Hence you were able to apply a generic rule.

My requirement is product specific and I need to be able to specify both a minimum purchase qty and a multiple purchase quantity for every single product.  The minimum and multiple quantities may also be different for each product.

I guess the ideal solution, if I can pay EI to bring the mod they did for me up to latest revision is to ask whether they can also include the code in a future productcart revision.  The modification enabled the admin to change a products mutliple order quantity so it could be of benefit to other Productcart users ?

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 9:11am
Hi Matt,

I understand now and it is quite different tyo what I needed. I can see why you would want that. It's quite a common requirement these days when ordering online.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 9:20am
As a follow-up to this thread, possibly useful for others in the future, we recently implemented a "minimum order quantity" feature for a standard store.

The requirement that this client was that on a category-by-category basis (but not all products), there was a minimum which could mix within like products.  As the shopper proceeds to checkout.asp, we determine if qualifying products appeared on the order.  Then we examine the quantity ordered for each qualifying group, and display an error instructing the shopper accordingly if their selections did not meet the requirements.

A fairly simple mod, possibly useful to others.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 7:47pm
Hi Matt,
    PC has something V close to what you require (I think) built in :
Minimum Quantity to Buy: [        ]   Force purchase of multiples of minimum: []
I'll drop you a PM.

mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 4:38am
Hi Hamish,

The inbuilt functionality in PC is very close but unfortunately (and I think rather strangely) is that the multiples must be the same quantity as the minimum quantity.  So it is fine to force a minimum of 10 and then 20, 30, 40, 50 etc but I cannot force a minimum of 20 and then every 10.

Thanks for the PM.  I will dig out the files that Cedric sent me for the paid mod and drop them on an email.  I am happy to pay to bring the files up to latest rev because I have never actually made use of my Productcart licence for 18 months and would love to switch my store.
MattECR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattECR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 12:03pm
Hamish,
Could you also share with me how to accomplish this solution?  I have a need that is similar to this.  My actual need is to allow a quantity of any number between 1-99, then increments of 50 after that  Mind if I ask why you PM'd the solution?  I was just thinking, I wouldn't have to bother you if you had just posted the solution here...

Also, another thought... Would it be possible to replace the minimum quantity validator with a regular expression validator?  That way we could control the quantity of a product in what ever wacky way we wanted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 12:14pm
I could be incorrect, but I believe Hamish took a couple days off for the holiday and may not be able to answer until early next week.
MattECR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattECR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 12:20pm

Would you have any suggestions as to how to accomplish what I am tring to do Greg?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 1:06pm
I do happen to know that Hamish claims wondrous skills with regular expressions, and it would probably be best to await his response. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic