FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving from shared hosting to VDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 1:05pm
When I go to the /setup/ folder to try and use the setup wizard I get a

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

I have set the permissions for the entire PC dir to read/write for all IUSR's and I checked the setup folder and it has those permissions, what am I missing?

Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 5:47am
So I'm trying to move from shared hosting to a Virtual Dedicated Server... I moved over the PC dir to my new server.... then backed up the database and restored it using SQL Management Studio... I then edited the storeconstants.asp file below with my new server info but I am getting a Database Connection Problem... is there something else I need to do? I am using the same CrypPass that's on the current live site I'm trying to move and I'm trying to access the moved site on the new server via a temporarily different domain name.

<%private const scCrypPass="**********************************************"
private const scDSN="Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=ProductCart;User Id=DB-USERNAME;Password=DB-PASSWORD"
private const scDB="SQL"
private const scStoreURL="http://www.newdomain.com"
%>

Edited by Ludwig - 09-April-2012 at 7:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic