ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Per Item vs Quantity Pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Per Item vs Quantity Pricing
    Posted: 05-July-2011 at 5:31pm
Hello Fellow Product Cart Users;

I have an online store that sells beads and other craft supplies.  We are currently updating the site with new inventory and new pricing.  There are many items that I can sell at multiple tiers of pricing;  a per item price, and a quantity bag price, containing a finite number in one bag, where the customer can buy more than one bag, at a discount over the same number of pieces bought separately.

For example, we sell a hummingbird bead this way:  Quantity:  1-5, Cost = $1.55 each.  We want to offer the same bead in bags of 6, each bag of 6 costing $7.95, at almost a 15% price savings over buying 6 pieces separately.

As we understand PC, the only way to do this is using the PC "tier pricing", and put in some strange prices such as the following:  Quantity:  1-5, Cost = $1.55 each
                                                            Quantity:  6-6, Cost = $1.325 each

Is there no way to change this in the current version of PC, such that we can offer a Quantity Bag of 6 pieces for the total price of $7.95 per bag, and have the customer say how many quantity bags they want to order?  This would be shown as:  Hummingbird Bead, single item: $1.55 each;  Quantity Sale of Items:  Bag of 6, Cost = $7.95  Quantity ordered:  Left as blank box for customer to fill in how many bags of 6 they want to order.

Right now as we have it in test mode, this is what we get: 

Quantity                   Save $
1 to 5 Units               $1.55
6 Units                      $1.33

The way it shows up is very misleading to the customer.  Units can be understood either as one or many.  The price as stated-anyone can think that the final price for all 6 units is $1.33...which is a REAL bargain, but wrong!  The total price for a bag of 6 beads at $1.33 each, = $7.95 never shows up on the page!
Quantity Save View quantity discount details
1 To 5 Units
$1.55
6 Units
$1.33

I have come across this limitation of PC many times because of the type of inventory I sell, many of which can be sold either per piece for one price, or in quantity for another price.  Can anyone out there please suggest a way to work with PC to do this, in the least confusing way possible??!!

Thanks!

JubiliJudy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic