ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Others > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PHP Security Warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PHP Security Warning
    Posted: 05-May-2012 at 12:52am

Hello everyone.  As a courtesy to the community I'd like to share the following information.

Please be advised that an apparently very serious PHP vulnerability has turned up.   Details are at the following links as well as http://php.net/

Apparently a team discovered this vulnerabilty while conducting a "white hat" hacking event, told the authors at PHP about the vulnerability, and some months later while the PHP folks were still developing a fix, they themselves (the PHP folks) managed to reveal the details of the vulnerabiity to the public.  Brilliant...

I received the information about this from multiple sources and it looks like folks are taking this pretty seriously.

From what I have read, this vulnerability only affects Linux servers, and I have not yet seen anything saying that it will impact Windows servers.  Preferring to take a posture of caution, we are already taking precautions with our own servers.

I'd recommend you  refer to the above articles in communicating with whomever you host with, ask them to asses the risk, and requesting that they take any appropriate actions.

Never a dull moment is it?

GreyBeard Design Group
Certified ProductCart Developer
Web Design/Development/Hosting
Add-Ons & Custom Code | Stores
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic