Forum Description: Exchange messages with other users of the QuickBooks Add-on
URL: https://forum.productcart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1492
Printed Date: 19-March-2024 at 4:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New QuickBooks Add-on In Development
Posted By: Matt
Subject: New QuickBooks Add-on In Development
Date Posted: 02-April-2008 at 10:01am

Early Impact is developing its next generation QuickBooks Add-On using the QuickBooks Web Connector.  The new tool will be a bi-directional system capable of inventory synchronization to and from QuickBooks. It will not use IIF files, will run automatically, and will contain many other features you have requested.

Please share with us ideas, feedback, and feature requests. 

Replies:
Posted By: RobertZ
Date Posted: 03-April-2008 at 7:20am

Only request is that is multi-country and ASAP... :)

Cant wait for this to happen. Getting tied of double entry..

Rob

Posted By: leahdbc
Date Posted: 05-April-2008 at 3:07pm

I have already discussed this with someone over there but here are my two wishes

1 - ability to integrate with Quickbooks credit card merchant

2 - ability to export orders from PC and import  into QB as a Sales Order (not just sales receipt or invoice)

Thanks. Can't wait!

Leah

Posted By: EarlJ
Date Posted: 09-April-2008 at 5:07pm

Ditto from the previous posts...

Plus:
Support for assembly items

Posted By: PureDisplay
Date Posted: 18-April-2008 at 10:05am
I am very interested in the new development of the QB add-on that synchronises inventory. I'm using PC with Apparel add-on. The sub-products are assemlies of other products (products have a bill of materials).

It's as if I were selling furniture and gave the customer the choice of table top shape (circle, square etc.), table finish (beech, pine etc.), legs type(round, square etc.) and legs finish (chrome, satin etc.). There could be many scenarios. So each sub-product has a different bill of materials. It's like configuring a car to buy online.
At present, PC doesn't have any features to handle the inventory of this complexity, but from what I've been told QB can have items with bill of materials. If I can map each sub-product to a separate QB item, which has a bill of materials, this should automate the inventory.

At present, there is no way for me to update the inventory when one of these sub-product assemblies is sold, except to manually do it (very time consuming and potential for errors).

I would like to be able to:

1. Map apparel sub-products to individual QB items.
2. If that item has a bill of materials, for those parts to decrement the correct quantities accordingly.
3. Re-synchronise the inventory to update PC.
4. QB to use the same invoice numbers generated by PC.
5. Generate purchase orders from QB, update the inventory when stock arrives and synchronise with PC to update stock values.

Of course, I would like to be able to do the same inventory control with normal products too, not just sub-products. If it works with sub-product, I can't see why it wouldn't work with regular products.

I't quite difficult to explain, but I hope I've made it clear enough to understand. Anyone who sells products that consist of a kit of parts will find these features very useful.

Posted By: Hamish
Date Posted: 18-April-2008 at 8:54pm
Hi Puredisplay,
    I beg to differ about PC's ability to deal with your scenario
     You need the BTO version of product cart - that will support your need to build products from parts/components/other-products.

I know it's used for lots of sites such as custom built PC's and, in the case of one of our sites, sandwiches, which have a huge level of customisation required.

You MAY also benefit from some of the other versions/options such as the Apparel Add-on or Conflict manager.

Posted By: PureDisplay
Date Posted: 19-April-2008 at 8:21am
Hi Hamish,
I have reviewed the BTO version and even though it has some great features, it does not allow me to do what I'm after.

BTO allows the customer to choose different quantities, but what I want to do is actually set those quantities in the backend. If we take the table example again, I would allow the customer the choice of 3 chrome legs on a round table and 6 chrome legs on a 'L' shaped table. BTO would allow the customer to select 1, 2, 3, 4 etc legs. BTO can force order quantities, but that would not work in this scenario, because some tables have 3, 4 or 6 legs. I would also what the ability to sell a single leg as a spare part. The force quantity would not aloow this either.

I am already using the Apparel add-on, but I haven't reviewed the Conflict manager. Apparel add-on definitely helps, because it has a different SKU for each sub-product. However, I would like to assign a different bill of materials to each SKU.

Actual example from our website:
http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct =1

This is an Apparel product. The bill of materials changes quite considerably depending on the options chosen. The picture will update to show you the variation of components.

I have spoken to EI and PC programmers about this and there is nothing from the standard versions that can do this. That is why I'm hoping that the new QB add-on will solve this issue.

If you can find a way to use the standard versions to control the 'bill of materials' inventory, I'm definitely all ears!

Date Posted: 20-April-2008 at 9:27am
Hi,
   I understand properly what your asking for now & you are correct - There's nothing out of the box that supports this.

From what I understand your ideal scenario  is a combination of BTO & the Apparel  add-on with the additional facility to  have pre-configured
I can really see the value in what you outline though.

BTO is a fair part of the way to what you need as products can be made up of sub-products - each with their own SKU & stock levels, which can also, if desired, be sold separately.

The key element missing, as far as I can tell, Is the ability to pre-set the number of each item (component) that makes up the main product. I suspect that MAY be a relatively easy enhancement for EA to make.
What would then still be missing though, is the ability to use the Apparel add-on with those products.

Posted By: IMAN
Date Posted: 23-April-2008 at 8:48pm
Quickbooks requirements:

Importing of customer records from ProductCart into Quickbooks should check for duplicate customers before importing.

Add-on should support a networked version of Quickbooks.

Posted By: bottomlineusa
Date Posted: 23-April-2008 at 9:44pm
I would like the shopping cart to integrate sales tax with QuickBooks

Posted By: bgdoxtek
Date Posted: 24-April-2008 at 11:33am
It would be great if you could post the list of features that are already planned, so we could comment on those and avoid posting anything that's already included.

Posted By: TrekLightGear
Date Posted: 24-April-2008 at 12:30pm
I agree with bgdoxtek, it would be a little bit easier if we could see what you're already working on and planning to implement so we could then comment on what's missing or how it should be done, etc.

My biggest issue, which I've mentioned in other threads, is that if you use QuickBooks Point of Sale in addition to QuickBooks Financial, your inventory is no longer managed in QB Financial.  So any add-on which tries to synchronize inventory and sales receipts directly with QB Financial is going to be pointless for anyone that uses POS.   It will still be necessary to double-entry every ProductCart sale into QB POS and there would be no point in buying such an add-on for anyone who uses POS at their physical stores that I can think of.

QB POS already takes care of the synchronization with QB Financial, so in a way it seems like a tie-in with QB POS would even be far easier than the integration with QB Financial.  Off the top of my head, all the PC add-on would need is the ability to sync inventory levels/products and pass sales receipts.  QB POS would then handle all the passing of financial data, COGS, sales tax, etc. to QB Financial and all would be right with the world.  :)

I'd be more than happy to help beta-test or provide feedback on anything that will help the integration between PC and QB POS.

For those of you that don't use POS, sorry for the distraction, I know a better and easier integration with QB is something we're all after.

-------------
Seth Haber

Date Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:19pm

Integration with POS is on the roadmap. 

The POS integration will contain the same features as Financial, but will have added support for POS specific features (e.g. Departments).  For this reason it makes sense to complete the integration with Financials, and then complete the POS features second.

Here is a “quick” list of some of the features, but this certainly isn’t all inclusive. 

- Bi-directional inventory synchronization

- Apparel Products and Sub-Products

- BTO Items

- Standard Products

- Export Orders as Sales Receipt, Invoice, or Sales Orders

- Assembly Items

- Customer Import/ Export

- Product Import/ Export

- Taxable and Non-Taxable Items

If you have not heard from me in awhile you can rest assured it is because we are working day and night to complete the new features.  So please keep the feedback coming!  I am posting a couple new questions for the community and I hope everyone takes a moment to respond.

Date Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:21pm
How many of you need support for CA and UK?

Date Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:23pm
Is anyone using Innovative Merchant Solutions to accept credit cards offline?  You can PM me if you want to answer this question privately.

Date Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:24pm
Leah - We can see how Sales Orders will be useful. For instance, if the customers order frequently and you want to combine the sales orders onto one invoice from inside QuickBooks. Can you please expand on your requirements for Sales Orders?  Will you also be using Invoices or Sales Receipts?  Do you need the ability to choose which orders export as what type (e.g. all check payments export as Sales Orders).

Anyone else can feel free to jump in on this question as well.

Posted By: Greg Dinger
Date Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:32pm
Matt, you probably already know that I have a Canadian customer who has offered to be a tester.

-------------
GreyBeard Design Group

Certified ProductCart Developer

Web Design/Development/Hosting

http://tinyurl.com/5c8t4t" rel="nofollow - Add-Ons & Custom Code |

Date Posted: 15-May-2008 at 3:13pm
Does anyone use the "Price Description" and "Purchase Description" fields when creating inventory items?

If so, what type of information do you usually enter here?

Date Posted: 15-May-2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Does anyone use the "Price Description" and "Purchase Description" fields when creating inventory items?

The UI is a bit different on my end (QB Premier 2005).  It shows "Sales Information, Description on Sales Transactions" & "Purchase Information, Descriptions on Purchase Transactions".  These fields are for the item description.  We use the same text for both.

The Sales description shows up on invoices and sales orders. 
The Purchase description shows up on purchase orders. 

Posted By: EarlJ
Date Posted: 15-May-2008 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Matt

Originally posted by bgdoxtek

The UI is a bit different on my end (QB Premier 2005).  It shows "Sales Information, Description on Sales Transactions" & "Purchase Information, Descriptions on Purchase Transactions".  These fields are for the item description.  We use the same text for both.

The Sales description shows up on invoices and sales orders. 
The Purchase description shows up on purchase orders. 

Ditto

We're using QB Premier Retail 2006.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:06pm
Is anyone using QuickBooks Classes?

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:09pm
Is anyone using templates for invoice, purchase order, sales order, or sales receipt.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:11pm
I use QBP classes, but not with PC.  I just learned about them a couple months ago and my goodness how it has changed the way I see my data! Woo hoo.

I guess that wasn't your question?  heh heh

-------------
GreyBeard Design Group

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:23pm
Yep.  We use classes to segment income and expenses by business unit.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:24pm

Is anyone using templates for invoice, purchase order, sales order, or sales receipt.

Yep.  We use invoice templates, but none of the others.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:25pm

Hi Greg,

Actually, that is helpful to know you really like Classes.

Would you want to select a class for all your exported invoices, sales receipts, etc...?

Do you think that would be useful, or do you add invoices to several different classes?

If we add Class integration you will only be able to select one class for all invoices.

I am interested to hear your feedback.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:31pm
We use PC for order processing for all of our business units, each with a separate class. It would be really nice in PC to specify a class per order or per customer account.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by bgdoxtek bgdoxtek wrote:

We use PC for order processing for all of our business units, each with a separate class. It would be really nice in PC to specify a class per order or per customer account.

We can allow you to select a class for each order type.  You will not be able to do this on an order by order basis.  All orders that export will be mapped to one class and/or template.

Does this work for everyone, or is this too rigid?

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:40pm
As I noted, my use of QBP classes is for some personal accounting activities unrelated to ProductCart. 

Think about a single entity with multiple locations where tracking income/expense is desired, but that sometimes you want to be able to roll it all together. 

Based on how I use them, and I'd have to look at other examples of how others have applied classes, my initial thought is that I think that assigning a single class to ALL invoices might be a bit restrictive.  But again, my view is based on the very narrow use of how I applied classes to a "physical world" business application as opposed to an online store.

Check your PM.

-------------
GreyBeard Design Group

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:45pm
It will likely be too restrictive for us, but can you explain what you mean by order type?

Posted By: Stuck
Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:53pm

Yes, we use QB customized templates for all of the above.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:04pm

It will likely be too restrictive for us, but can you explain what you mean by order type?

You are going to be exporting orders:

a.) automatically (e.g. every 2 hours)

b.) on demand (e.g. Like the current QB Add-On)

Not one by one though.  Since you will not be able to select a specific template or class per order here is what I am thinking.

... You can set default classes and templates per order type (E.g. sales orders).

Then you can export on demand… say all orders that are backordered.  You can select "Sales Order" as your export type.  The software will use the template and class assigned to "Sales Orders" during the export.

This is all very preliminary and we have not discussed this at all internally.  I am just information gathering, trying to learn how you are using these features and how we can make it work in the software.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:04pm

Is anyone using QuickBooks Classes?

One example of how the QB Classes could be quite beneficial would be for companies running multiple sites. For example, you might assign a specific class to items listed on Site A and another Class to items listed on Site B, then from within QB you can create reports to view and compare the monthly sales, expenses, etc. broken down seperately by each site.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:16pm

Stuck's example is precisely how I am using classes, just not in a store environment, but to achieve the same exact results for my specific needs.

-------------
GreyBeard Design Group

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:19pm
Great! Thank you everyone for your feedback.

That is also how classes are used in QuickBooks's sample files.

I think for those of you using classes in this manner one to one mappings will work just fine.  For example, store #1 invoices are assigned to class "store1" and store #2 invoices are assigned to class "store2".

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:32pm

You are going to be exporting orders:

a.) automatically (e.g. every 2 hours)

b.) on demand (e.g. Like the current QB Add-On)

Not one by one though.  Since you will not be able to select a specific template or class per order here is what I am thinking.

... You can set default classes and templates per order type (E.g. sales orders).

Then you can export on demand… say all orders that are backordered.  You can select "Sales Order" as your export type.  The software will use the template and class assigned to "Sales Orders" during the export.

This is all very preliminary and we have not discussed this at all internally.  I am just information gathering, trying to learn how you are using these features and how we can make it work in the software.

I understand and I'm happy to provide as much info as you like with respect to how we use PC and QB.

I'm still not sure what you mean by "order type".  Would that be a PC order type?

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:40pm
order type = sales order, invoice, sales receipt

You can export an order from ProductCart as any of these "order types". Now, this is just my wording... :)

For example, you export orders as invoices.  All invoice order types are of "class A" and have "template A".

I hope that makes sense this time.

Date Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:53pm

order type = sales order, invoice, sales receipt

You can export an order from ProductCart as any of these "order types". Now, this is just my wording... :)

For example, you export orders as invoices.  All invoice order types are of "class A" and have "template A".

I hope that makes sense this time.

Yeah, "order type" is probably not the best phrase. :)

Nonetheless, I think I've got it.  So, when you export a batch of PC orders you can specify that they import into QB as either sales orders, invoices or sales receipts?

Let's say we choose invoices.  Is a PC config setting dictating the class or are you relying on QB functionality to set a default class in the event none is specified?  Also, is the Class A <> Template A relationship defined in PC or in QB?

Thanks!

Posted By: knifepro
Date Posted: 23-May-2008 at 8:34pm
I used customized templates for the invoices and sales receipts.

-------------
Brian

brian@theknifeprofessional.com
brian@heartlandbraidedrugs.com
www.theknifeprofessional.com
www.heartlandbraidedrugs.com
ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile

Posted By: Chef Link
Date Posted: 06-June-2008 at 5:50am
Sorry if I have added this to the wrong spot - just wondered if the addon works with the Australian version of quickbooks

Cameron

Posted By: sdalan
Date Posted: 07-June-2008 at 7:08pm
Matt - will there be a way to preview the transactions? When exporting by "date shipped" how will partial shipments be handled?

Date Posted: 07-June-2008 at 7:43pm

Chef,

The Add-On does not support AU, UK, or CA as of today.  It will though as soon as possible.  Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific date.

I encourage any International QB customers to private message me so we can get an idea of about who is interested.  That will also allow me to contact you when it’s ready.

Date Posted: 07-June-2008 at 7:48pm

sdalan,

There will not be a way to preview during export.  You can of course view and edit the orders before they are exported.  The synchronizer will export by order status. That is one option.  So you can choose to ignore partially shipped orders or to export them. 

If there is something specific you are looking for please post it.

Date Posted: 09-June-2008 at 1:55pm
Thanks, Matt. (This is Alan by the way!).

Question: If exported with a status of partial shipment, can we exclude those in a subsequent sync? While I never used the function, the current has the option to exclude orders previously exported, so my guess is YES.

Also, will there by a detailed log for tracing any issues that arise, eg. "PC Order 1234 created in QB as Sales Receipt 6789"?

Date Posted: 17-June-2008 at 11:00pm
Just curious, but is there a target ship date for this add-on yet?  Thanks!

Posted By: CardinalArmory
Date Posted: 25-June-2008 at 11:59pm
I posted a response to the current QB Add-On, and how dissappointed I am with it.  I have PC-BTO v3.11.

My needs are simple.  I just want the line items for each BTO to be included in the qbinvoice.iif file, so that when the order is entered into QuickBooks the inventory of assembly items is handled correctly.

I don't need inventory synchronization, since I don't keep inventory in ProductCart.  I don't need integration to run in the back ground all day.  We would be happy with a once-per-day export run to generate an qbinvoice.iif file.  Just make the items in a BTO product/assembly come across!

I'd also like some help getting "handling" to work.  See the "BTO" topic.

- Tim

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 10:23am
Any news on a release date for the NEW Quickbooks Add-on?

-------------
Brian

ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 11:48am
The new Add-On is close to "Beta Ready".  Many of the features you asked for are already included in the new build.  As you may know the Beta was scheduled to be released this month. However, our team is currently devoting 100% of our efforts to the next release of ProductCart. As a result there will be a delay.  I'll post back once I have a new release date.

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 11:53am
CardinalArmory,

The new Add-On will handle BTO extensively.

Please describe to me exactly how you have your items setup in QuickBooks (e.g. Assemblies, Individual Inventory Items, etc.).  The more feedback we get from you the better the release will be!

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 11:56am
Thanks for the update, Matt.  I know it can be difficult to pin down a release date.  Can you give us a rough estimate?  (e.g. "We plan on being beta ready by June 30, beta testing for 4 weeks and releasing on August 1.)  Maybe even a little rougher. Smile

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 11:58am
Hi Alan,

Sorry I didn't answer your question yet.

The first feature we built was a very detailed logging and debugging console.  We feel its really important to be able to track down errors.

The tool can actually run on a schedule automatically. So it will definitely not export that same order twice.

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 12:18pm
Any way we can get a feature list to see what's coming?  Alternatively, I know a lot of development teams write the documentation/help file first.  If it was available and you were willing to post it, that would be great.

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 12:33pm

CardinalArmory,

The new Add-On will handle BTO extensively.

Please describe to me exactly how you have your items setup in QuickBooks (e.g. Assemblies, Individual Inventory Items, etc.).  The more feedback we get from you the better the release will be!
Have a look at: http://cardinalarmory.com/ %20Under - http://cardinalarmory.com/  Under "6.8mm AR-15 upper assemblies" you will see a category of "Custom 6.8 AR-15 uppers"  Each one in that category is a BTO product.  It is a product made up of sub-assemblies.  I make very extensive use of conflict management, and this has given me a competitive edge.

The top level product is a holding place for an assembly charge, that's all.  Every component in the customizable list is an item or assembly in my QB item list.

When I download an order, I need to see each line item in the customized list of parts so that the individual item parts and assemblies can be removed from inventory and increment COGS correctly.

I would like it to work so that the transfer simply provide the price of each item.  In other words, the +/- change in price from the standard BTO assembly (the way the customer sees it) is NOT the right way to enter the item into the QB sales receipt.  It should simply list the price of each item in the customizable tiem list.  The total will be the same.  That way if my items or subassemblies are linked to different sales and COGS accounts, they will be incremented and decremented correctly (the price/cost of the part.)

If the price of the BTO product comes across as a lump sum total for the top-level item (the BTO product), we will need to edit each individual line item and check that the total matches.  If the items come across with the regular online or list price, then the order will need little or no editing.

Also, I manage my inventory with QB, not ProductCart.  In PC I set all products to ignore inventory levels.  I do this because many products are assemblies, and having a specific quantity on-hand does not reflect the fact that we may be able to assemble a sub-assembly in minutes.  We also have one-to-two weeks to build our products, and in that time more items can arrive from vendors.  Having inventory levels synchronized between QB and PC would make the system too jittery.   Better (IMO) to leave it alone and let the value of the inventory be managed in one place, QB.  Let a customer order an item regardless, if we are out-of-stock for a period of time we will inform the customer and ask him what he would like us to do.  I don't want to turn a customer's order away for a very temporary out-of-stock situation.

I am also concerned that synchronization be controlled.  Limit synchronization to only a carefully selected list of items, and provide a means to insure that in case of conflict I can decide which will override which.

Also, I have three or four times as many inventory items in QB as I do in ProductCart, and it will stay that way as long as I have subassembly parts which are not sold to customers (i.e. forever.)  Don't assume that every item needs to be synchronized in each direction.  When I set up last nights QB download experiment I was surprised to see no mechanism for identifying what parts needed to be synchronized before I got to the manual synchronization process. 

I was in the computer business for 25 years before starting Cardinal Armory.  I am sure this can be done well.  Just please make sure you don't deliver it before a LOT of testing.

I would be glad to be a beta tester as long as I can get phone support as-needed.

- Tim

Posted By: hometownworks
Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 2:07pm
I have a client that is ready to input all of his 15,000 items into Quickbooks (he hired summer help).  In anticipation of the new add-on, shall I use the current method recommended to add my items to Quickbooks?  Or is there some other methodology?  I'm starting with a clean slate but with this many products, I don't want to have to redo anything.

-------------
Hometown Works Website Development

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:35pm
hometownworks,

It depends on your time line.  The old Add-on does not import 15,000 at one time very well.  The new Add-on is designed to do it in small batches (but automatically and painless). However, we will not have the Beta out for at least a month or so. Manual entry will surely work, but will take awhile.  Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:37pm
cardinal armory,

Thank you for your feedback.  That is what we are looking for... very specific examples.  I'll post back with more details later, but generally speaking we have you covered.

The only question I have for you right now is do you build the assemblies when you get the order, or well in advance?

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:41pm
bgdoxtek,

Earlier in this thread I posted a features list. Feel free to take a look and send us your feedback.  The documentation is in progress on the http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/ - ProductCart Wiki .  However, the particular section is not ready for public viewing.

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:44pm
Is the data about the 15,000 products already in place somewhere, anywhere? Are they already in ProductCart? If so it will be almost certainly possible & much more efficient than starting from scratch, to convert the data into a format ready for importing into QB (with or without the add-on).  It may well need additional information adding , but anything to start from is great.
A google on "quickbooks data import" gives 148k hits, so there's plenty of info out there about it,  but most important is making sure the data is clean and accurate.  Getting summer helpers, or whomever, to key in 15,000 products from scratch will give a relatively high number of errors. Some googling threw up a figure of 1 - 1.5% as a typical error rate, although with no information as to the type of data being entered. At 1% thats 150 records that will be incorrect, so quality checking will be important.
Just my 2cents :-)

-------------
Editing ProductCart Code?

See http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/developers/editcode" rel="nofollow - WIKI Guidelines for Editing ProductCart's ASP Source Code

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:52pm

cardinal armory,

Thank you for your feedback.  That is what we are looking for... very specific examples.  I'll post back with more details later, but generally speaking we have you covered.

The only question I have for you right now is do you build the assemblies when you get the order, or well in advance?
While subassemblies (i.e. barrels, forend kits, etc.) are on-the-shelf, the custom upper assemblies are all truly built-to-order.  The beauty of PC-BTO with Conflict Management is it gets me away from the desk and phone, custom-configuring and pricing every possible combination of AR-15 upper assemblies that my customers could possibly want us to build.  I would guess that there are over 10,000 possible ways we could assemble the BTO products.  And the CM module makes them all real and buiild-able.  I could not do this without BTO/CM

Even the "Standard" upper assemblies are built after the order is received, and they are BTO products in PC.

In other words, I use PC-BTO/CM 100%.

- Tim

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 4:11pm
Will the add-on source code be provided so that we can make our own modifications?

Date Posted: 26-June-2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Hamish Hamish wrote:

Is the data about the 15,000 products already in place somewhere, anywhere? Are they already in ProductCart?

Sorry I wasn't any clearer in my first post.  The current data doesn't exist for all practical purposes (acutally it does but in an old obsolete and innacurate system that we can't export, think 5-1/4" floppies and DOS, seriously!) so the owner was planning to start from scratch and re-key it somewhere.  My thoughts were that we would start setting up each item in Quickbooks, and when the new Add-On comes out, then we would import the items into ProductCart. 

I just wanted to make sure that I set them up correctly in Quickbooks so that they will readily transfer to ProductCart when the new Add On is available

-------------

Posted By: cheflink
Date Posted: 26-July-2008 at 7:36pm
Hi - just wondering how the new add on is progressing for the AU version of quickbooks and if there is any sign of a date, or if you need beta testers I would be happy to help

Cameron

Posted By: austcold
Date Posted: 30-July-2008 at 7:05am

Using Quickbooks 08/09 multi user in Australia.

Will need to support GST Here, I had to modify the language file and change VAT to GST, this may be an issue with creating invoices etc.

Sounds like a powerful feature, will save lots of data entry time.

The sooner the better.

-------------
www.austcoldindustries.com.au

Posted By: redbeetstudio
Date Posted: 12-September-2008 at 8:32am
The most important feature for me... Auto-setup of customer accounts. Having to setup indiv. accounts in QB before orders can be mapped to those customers is a HUGE hassle. Because of this hassle, the Add-on is not much use to me.

-------------
- peter

Posted By: loracady
Date Posted: 12-September-2008 at 12:44pm
I second that, redbeet!

-------------
www.TheSleepShop.com

Posted By: IMAN
Date Posted: 21-September-2008 at 12:50pm
Will the new version allow one to take an order through quickbooks and then export the information to Productcart?

Date Posted: 13-October-2008 at 7:46pm
We need a "Quicker" way to enter our online orders into Quickbooks! Smile

Can you give us an idea as to when the updated/revised Quickbooks importer tool may reach beta or release stage?

Thanks!

Date Posted: 24-November-2008 at 11:50am
Now that ProductCart 3.5 has been released is there any news when the new Quickbooks Add-on will be released?

-------------
Brian

ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile

Date Posted: 24-November-2008 at 3:47pm
Yes, with v3.5 now available the Quickbooks Synchronizer is back on development.  You can expect a Beta in the near future. I will keep you updated as I have more information.

Date Posted: 24-November-2008 at 6:40pm
I assume there will be a Quickbooks "Item Code" field in the ProductCart "Product entry" so that the ProductCart "SKU Code" does not need to match the Quickbooks "Item Code".

-------------

Date Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:17pm
There is no item code, but rather a tool to "map" or associate the product with its corresponding QuickBooks entry.

Posted By: cheflink
Date Posted: 24-November-2008 at 10:45pm
Hi Matt  - are you talking about the AU sync or the US sync in the near future
Cameron

Date Posted: 24-November-2008 at 11:39pm
The US version will be released first.  AU is suppose to be compatible (according to QB techs), but we have not started any compatibility testing yet.

Posted By: inetbizo
Date Posted: 01-December-2008 at 1:24pm
I had a chance to talk with Early Impact and they tell me that QB POS is being looked at but not in development. Does anyone have a solution to do scheduled jobs to sync the pos data (New Customers, Existing Customer Order, Inventory) TO product cart BTO & Apparel add-on v3.5

-------------
Current Project http://canvasusa.com - http://www.canvasusa.com

Date Posted: 29-December-2008 at 4:17pm

Any update on the Add-On?  I sold a ProductCart store to a client with the expectation of having the QuickBooks add on available last fall.  The customer want's an update.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-January-2009 at 12:29pm
We expect the final version of the QuickBooks Synchronizer for ProductCart to be available on or before Monday, February 16, 2009.

I will post a link to the documentation when its ready.

Date Posted: 20-January-2009 at 9:49pm
Hope it supports Quickbooks Premier 08/09 Australia.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-January-2009 at 9:51pm
Hi Austcold,

In theory it should, but we have not tested it yet.  Inuit says it will.  Would you like a Beta copy to test it?

Date Posted: 20-January-2009 at 10:19pm
Shore, Ill test it for you!

-------------

Date Posted: 17-February-2009 at 3:30pm
The Quickbooks Add-on missed the release date. Do you have a new date for release?

-------------
Brian

ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile

Date Posted: 17-February-2009 at 3:37pm
According to the EI store, it says available 2/23. -aa

Date Posted: 17-February-2009 at 4:48pm
Will it support Vista 64 bit?

-------------

Date Posted: 17-February-2009 at 6:28pm
If Web Connector (required component) works on 64-bit, sure.  You can call Inuit and ask them.

http://marketplace.intuit.com/webconnector/

However, ProductCart Synchronizer is US only at the time being.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net