Print Page | Close Window

Customizing UPS Shipping Calcuations

Printed From: ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions
Category: ProductCart
Forum Name: Customizing ProductCart
Forum Description: Exchange messages with other users that are customizing ProductCart.
URL: https://forum.productcart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6055
Printed Date: 08-May-2024 at 1:28am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Customizing UPS Shipping Calcuations
Posted By: dwatch
Subject: Customizing UPS Shipping Calcuations
Date Posted: 21-January-2016 at 5:07pm

Looking for a reminder on which page(s) control the UPS shipping calculation so I can add a modification.

Looking to add a modification that adds $4.50 per package to compensation for the fees UPS is charging us per box (i.e. signature required, delivery confirmation service)

Replies:
Posted By: Matt
Date Posted: 21-January-2016 at 5:15pm
Hi dwatch,

Most versions of ProductCart allow you to add the fee via the control panel.

You would go to "Shipping > Add or View Shipping Services > UPS" and click "Services".

Date Posted: 21-January-2016 at 5:27pm
Matt, thank you for the reply.  Productcart built in lets you add Fees per shipment, but not per package.  UPS charges these fees per package.  So when and order has multiple packages shipment become exponentially wrong as package number increases.

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 1:34pm
Matt, just circling back, you can tell me the asp pages that control this stuff so I can check it out.

Posted By: Matt
Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:32pm
ProductCart returns the total rate that includes all of the fees. It should be identical to what you pay if you walk into a UPS Store.  You are correct that our additional fee feature is per order.  So if you wanted to add padding per package you'd need to customize the file "UPSShipRates.asp".

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:33pm
thank you.

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:46pm

My plan is to add code that multiplies the number of packages x the additional fees value, to add the correct amount to UPS to account for fees per box, that UPS charges, instead of fee per shipment.

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:49pm
Matt, can you tell me which file adds the handling fee set on UPS OnLine Tools Shipping Configuration Page to the actual shipping amount total for the order.

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 3:28pm

So what I'd like to try to do is find where the "serviceHandlingFee" is added to front and back end of orders, so that I can multiply the serviceHandlingFee set for the shipping service by the number of packages on the order, and add that number to the integrated rate.

I.E. the built in handling fee per shipping option becomes a "per package" fee, instead of a per shipment fee, which better matches how UPS adds fees, as they add fees per package, not per shipment.  so if you add delivery confirmation and signature required to a shipment, UPS charges per package, and currently productcart  built-in shipping integration rate return does not account for this.

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 4:01pm

I was able to change the back end (edit order view real time rates) already, but need file location on the front end (shipping cart side)

I pulled ordPackagenum to checkRealtimeRates.asp and I changed the following code:

Changed ---

tempRate=(cDbl(tempRate)+cDbl(serviceHandlingFee))

to

multipleboxhandlingfee=cDbl(servicehandlingfee)*cDbl(dwgordPackageNum)
 tempRate=(cDbl(tempRate)+cDbl(multipleboxhandlingfee))

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 4:42pm
Got it, I believe it is in opc_chooseShpmnt.asp

Date Posted: 03-February-2016 at 5:17pm

Yes, so same as front end , but this time pull

pcCustSession_OrdPackageNumber from pcCustomerSessions table.

then multiply by handlinfee in the same area as the backend file, except in opc_chooseShpmnt.asp .

It works!

Date Posted: 05-February-2016 at 3:11pm
Having a problem with front end.  Looks like it doesn't pick up the correct package count until it is all the way on the payment screen.  It sets a package count as 1 until that final step, and then writes the correct count to the orders table.    I need to find the code where the package count is calculated on the checkout side so that I can bring it over sooner (before the rates are calculated).

Date Posted: 05-February-2016 at 4:59pm

found it, the file was shiprates.asp which calculate number of packages for all providers.  so I pulled the variable after the include of that file and I am golden.  if anyone has questions on this let me know.

I recommend that productcart allows for added integrated fees to be calculated per package instead of per shipment, because UPS does charge per package $4.25 for signature required/delivery confirmation, not per shipment.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net