ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem Changing BTO Item Price in Custom Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem Changing BTO Item Price in Custom Group

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaPou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem Changing BTO Item Price in Custom Group
    Posted: 23-May-2011 at 4:54pm
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. I am using ProductCart v4.1b SP 1 PPD.

1) I have 10 BTO Items in a BTO Product. I created the BTO Items originally at $0.99. It was that price for regular customers, wholesale customers, and our 2 special groups we created.
2) I configured the BTO Product.
3) I then realized the price was supposed to be $1.49 not $0.99.
4) I changed the price to $1.49 in all of the BTO Items and also in all of the configuration fields of the BTO Product.
5) I verified these in the web interface.
6) When I went and looked at the store, the price was correct on the product page ($1.49x10=14.90), but the price was incorrect on the configuration page ($0.99x10=$9.90).
7) I could not figure out for the life of me where these numbers were coming from so I started querying the database. When I ran this query "select * from pcCC_BTO_Pricing where idBTOProduct=277", it said for idCustomerCategories 1 and 2 that the price was still $0.99.

Is that the correct database table to query? Is the web interface not updating the database for customer categories?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best wishes,
Andrea
alexL-icc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 11:53am
Hi Andrea,

I'm not a very advanced user of ProductCart so I'm not sure if my suggestion applies to your case here, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

In the Control Panel, go under "BTO Products" -> "Update BTO Prices". Then, select "Update BTO Item Prices". From the resultant list, select your 10 BTO Items and then hit "Update Assigned BTO Item Prices".

This should transfer the price of the BTO Items to ALL of the BTO Products where those BTO Items appear (assuming that this is applicable in your case). This usually works for me to update prices within BTO Products.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Alex L.
Alex L.
AndreaPou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaPou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 12:47pm
Hi Alex,

Thanks. I tried that but it didn't help. It was worth a shot. But the problem was, it was always showing up correctly in the web interface.... just not on the web page. So those pages all showed $1.49.

I am concerned that I will continue to have this problem if we need to make price changes.

The only solution I have found is to manually update the prices that appear in the pcCC_BTO_Pricing and pcBTODefaultPriceCats tables.

Does anyone use BTO and groups beyond retail & wholesale who can test this for me? I'm still trying to figure out why the database is not being updated.

Thanks!
-Andrea
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 1:13pm
If you link me to some of your pages I can probably troubleshoot this. PM them to me if you don't feel comfortable linking them here.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 3:43pm
Those prices are set on the product configuration page. Please see:

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/bto/configure#bto_and_customer_pricing_categories
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
AndreaPou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaPou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 4:02pm
Those prices were always correct on the admin page you're referring me to (and in the database). It was the prices for Customer Categories 1 and 2 that never were updated in the database, despite me changing them in the admin interface.

I didn't discover this problem until I started surfing the site logged in as a customer of customer category type 1.

-Andrea

Edited by AndreaPou - 24-May-2011 at 4:04pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 4:06pm
We are not aware of an issue with that feature. We need to log into your Control Panel and see exactly how things are setup. Please submit a support ticket.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
AndreaPou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaPou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 4:56pm
Thanks. I just submitted the support ticket.

Best wishes,
Andrea
AndreaPou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaPou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2011 at 4:59pm
I just wanted to post the solution to this on the site. Support was very helpful and showed me this handy little button that had the features there all along! When you're on the configuration page, there is this little icon. If you press it, it opens a div with all your custom price groups in it. When I changed the prices there in the control panel and updated the page, the database was perfect and all the problems were solved.

Thanks to Hamish and Cedric for helping me out.

Best wishes,
Andrea
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic