ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Product details HTML editor doesn't work on Chrome
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product details HTML editor doesn't work on Chrome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product details HTML editor doesn't work on Chrome
    Posted: 19-April-2017 at 6:51pm
I'm having trouble with the product description HTML editor on the first tab of the Modify Product page.

It appears to load with the correct content, but then it seems to delete it as the page finishes loading.

Then, I am unable to edit the product description unless I add a table to the html editor, at which point I am able to put my cursor into the html box.

However, at this point the existing product description has already been wiped and so it will be deleted if I save the product.

This seems to be specific to Chrome (Version 59.0.3067.6 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)). I haven't tested an old version of chrome, or the non-dev channel, so it could be something specific to the Chrome dev channel.

I tested on Firefox and Internet Explorer and everything works as expected there.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm trying to rule out possible causes, but I wanted to check and see if this is a known problem before I dig too deep into it.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2017 at 7:22pm
The problem seems to be somewhere around saf/editor.js line 680.

It's weird, if I put a breakpoint right here and "Step into next function call", then the content loads like it should. It isn't skipping over any function calls or anything, just pausing between line 680 and line 684.

There seems to be a console warning on line 680 related to edtStr.join("). The error reads as follows:
Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: "<<the path>>/saf/blank.gif".

Is this some kind of race condition, where it's bugging out because the blank.gif hasn't loaded in time? That's the only thing I can think of, since it works as long as I use Chrome's dev tools to "step into" the function calls around that line.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2017 at 7:30pm
Hi Brett,

I don't know if it's related to your issue and the HTML Editor, but there is a known issue with Chrome v57 that has been reported by a few ProductCart merchants when using the ProductCart Control Panel:

This sounds like it might be related, but you are already using v59 Dev, so it's possible that a new/different bug was introduced in that version, which is causing the problem. We recommend using an alternative browser until v59 is out of Beta. At that point, it will be interesting to see if the issue has been addressed.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2017 at 8:03pm
I'll try the production version of Chrome and see if that stops the error. However, I believe I've found the cause. On lines 666 and 667 of /saf/editor.js, the initial iframes are added to the sHTML string to be inserted into the page.

These iframes are created with an initial src pointing to the path of blank.gif. Usually an iframe src will be a document, but this has it pointing to an image, which explains why it's saying it was interpreted as document but transferred as gif.

When I remove the references to blank.gif on these lines and make it so the iframe's initial src is just an empty string (''), the errors stop and everything seems to load normally.

Is there any reason for setting the iframe's initial src to the path of blank.gif? Is there any risk in my removing it and having it just start as an empty string?
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2017 at 8:22pm
Hi Brett,

Interesting - I'll forward this to our development team for an answer (i.e. the reason for initially pointing to 'blank.gif').
The ProductCart Team

Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2017 at 8:48pm
Perfect, thanks. I'm going to go ahead and leave it modified for now since it isn't customer-facing. I'll let you know if I run into any problems, and please do let me know as soon as you hear back from the development team in case there's some problem this may cause that I'm not noticing.
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2017 at 1:05pm
Hi Brett,

I ran this by one of our developers, and was reminded that the HTML Editor in ProductCart is actually from Innova Studio (and included in ProductCart under a general licensing agreement), so we can't say for certain what their reasoning is for setting the iFrame's initial 'src' to the blank.gif.

At this point though, it seems like your modification is an acceptable workaround.
The ProductCart Team

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic