ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Provider and USPS Tracking on order shipped e-mail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Provider and USPS Tracking on order shipped e-mail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Provider and USPS Tracking on order shipped e-mail
    Posted: 26-January-2011 at 4:15pm
languages_ship__inc_PartShipEmail.zip

Here's edited inc_PartShipEmail and languages_ship.asp files that add a couple things to the order shipped e-mail.

First, the shipping provider is shown above the shipment type. I figured "First" was insufficient for telling a customer that their order was shipped First Class via USPS. Now, "Shipping Provider: USPS" is shown when USPS is the shipping method.

Also, a tracking link has been added for use with USPS orders. This will probably only work with Endicia, since the tracking code is sent back. If you use some other USPS shipping method, I don't think the tracking code will show up. You'd probably need to modify it to exclude tracking code if Endicia is not used.

Hopefully this is useful to someone. It comes with no guarantees and is provided as is. It took me an hour or two to do and I figured someone else (Someone who uses Endicia to ship products via USPS and wants tracking codes and enhanced shipping information) might find it useful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic