ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quote Function Missing Ability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quote Function Missing Ability
    Posted: 26-July-2008 at 3:04pm
I am experimenting with the quote function and I am confused. When I try to edit a quote, I cannot edit the price of the base configuration. The rest of the options are editable by price, but the base price is not. Is that by design?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2008 at 9:43pm
That is correct. The base price is the price of the product itself, which works as the "base" for the configuration. It's basically the "bottom" price. If you need the bottom price to be zero, then set the BTO price to 0 and add a new item to the configuration to account for the price difference.

For example, take the "MailUp Subscription" product listed on our own software store. This is a Build To Order product. The price for the product is 0 as the actually price varies dynamically depending on the bandwidth purchased.

On the configuration page, though, you can see that the price starts at $50, based on the "default" items that have been added to the product configuration.

Setting the base price to $0 and driving the price entirely via the configurable items assigned to the BTO product can give you a great amount of flexibility, including when you are editing a submitted quote.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic