ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remove Description

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivaldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove Description
    Posted: 23-February-2012 at 3:00pm
Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove the description below the thumbnails on the viewcategories.asp page and replace it with the product sku instead?  thank you
Rivaldog
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 3:06pm

add SKU to the query in viewCategories.asp so that the value is available, and declare it like other fields.  then in pcShowProductsH.asp, you have to make the necessary edits to ditch the description and replace it with the SKU variable you just declared.

rivaldog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivaldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 3:33pm
thx Greg.  I actually just blew everything away on the pcShowProductsH.asp page and like the layout much better.

Now I'm stuck on figuring out how to get my product images to move closer together.  I've gone through all the CSS but cannot get them to snuggle up to each other.  I want them only 3 pixels apart but no matter if I change padding and margins to 0, they still won't tighten up any further than they are.  I even reduced the overall table size to make sure they weren't spreading out to fill the table.  If anyone has an answer on this, I'd appreciate it.  thx
Rivaldog
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 4:35pm
Try using the developer tools built into Google's Chrome browser. Just right click on one of the images and inspect element. You should be able to determine very quickly what's causing the offending spacing.
rivaldog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivaldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 8:02am
ok - thank you
Rivaldog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic