ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request a quote - standard products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hfc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request a quote - standard products
    Posted: 11-March-2009 at 5:35pm
We just purchased the BTO version of Product Cart because of the quotation ability.  However our products are not build to order and are essentially standard products.  I read a few threads regarding this issue, but still have to ask.   Can we set up standard products to use the request quote feature and shopping cart feature?   Our products don't require build to order because there is nothing to customize.  Any way of just showing a product with one config and still using request for quote?

Thanks
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2009 at 1:10pm
I'll have to let someone from IE answer this but I thought the quotation feature was just for BTO products.

Of course with standard products, if you key in an order, but don't pay for it you almost have a quote there.

I do have a customer using the BTO quotation feature and its presentation is good.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2009 at 1:19pm
With BTO, a way to handle this scenario is to look at the BTO product as a "category" (or a "basket") of products, rather than an individual product. This works quite well in many cases. It does not work where the customer needs to be able to pick from hundreds of items. But if you can narrow down the offering to dozens of items, then it will work great.

For example, let's say you want to let customers get a quote for a backyard remodel: the BTO product would be "Backyard Remodel" and it would contain all sorts of categories (e.g. Landscaping, Outdoor Furniture, BBQ, Sports Accessories, SPAs, SPA Accessories, etc.) with their products. Different properties can be set for each of those categories (e.g. whether a quantity field is shown or not, whether a category is required, etc.).

We hope this helps!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic