ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Select Options Without Pop Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syatooma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Select Options Without Pop Up
    Posted: 20-March-2012 at 9:28pm
I am currently configuring an online store to sell custom Golf Clubs.  I am using a combination of BTO and Apparal Products.  The Custom shafts for the Clubs are Apparrel Products.  When you click on the Customize button http://www.pureimpactgolfstore.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=568&idcategory=13 and you select your shaft the only way to select your shaft options is in a pop up window(Select Options Link).  Does anyone know how I may be able to do this club configuration without the pop up.

The tricky part to getting this configuration is that different shafts have different options which is the reason why the shafts had to be apparal products.  Thanks in Advance
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 6:56pm
Hi,
  It's a late reply, but no, the pop-up for the Apparel options is the only option.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2012 at 3:40am
I can't resist a little musing here as I've always found this in-elegant too. However, I get why it's like this.

I'm tempted to think it's possible (without screwing everything up in the complexity of the BTO + Apparel functionality and underlying code) to use a bit of AJAX to load those Apparel pop-up pages into a z-indexed div (so it's outside the main form on the config page) and block out the rest of the page behind it (to prevent any other user/client interaction). We use a simple version of this on our Notify Me (when back in stock) add-on.

This could be a decent compromise on the user interface here.

I've got too many other enhancement projects on the grease board for a while yet to add this to it right now, but I'm open to kicking it around if anyone's interested. I would love to see a nicer user interface here.

PS: This really hit us years ago when a client came to us with a BTO-Apparel who wanted us to weld together BTO and Apparel on an actual apparel store -- so they could offer complete outfits.

Unfortunately, he had never actually looked at PC's user interface here, and as soon as I configured a BTO product with an apparel item in it and showed it to him, he threw BTO in the cyber waste basket and put us to task to do something on par with the apparel market. Here's what we came up with: http://www.modaxpressonline.com/viewPrdCO_WMS.asp?idProduct=46688
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2012 at 12:33pm
I think this would be an amazing feature enhancement for BTO + Apparel.

I would love for standard products with all their options intact to be allowed in the "Additional Charges" section. As it sits you can only add a product in additional charges as an in or out selection and you cannot configure the options despite the product containing options.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic