ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Show Shipping Options with "No Shipping" Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show Shipping Options with "No Shipping" Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highgravity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Shipping Options with "No Shipping" Products
    Posted: 07-April-2016 at 4:16pm
I would like to know if there is a way to set the checkout to show show shipping options regardless of whether or not products are set to "no shipping". We want to enable a flat rate shipping by setting a handling fee on the FedEx options (that would be the flat rate) and items not marked as "no shipping" would produce an actual shipping charge.

Right now we have a custom shipping option with handling charges on items that don't qualify for flat rate. This sucks because if they they purchase an item with a handling charge and are picking it up at our store they are charged and we have to do a refund.

It also doesn't come nearly close enough to giving a true cost of shipping when trying to determine what the handling charge should be for items not part of the flat rate shipping.
Desiree Knott

High Gravity Homebrewing & Winemaking Supplies

7142 S Memorial Dr.

Tulsa, OK 74133

(918) 461-2605

desiree@highgravitybrew.com

http://www.highgravitybrew.com

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2016 at 4:43pm
Hi Desiree,

Unfortunately, it can't be done exactly how you described "out of the box".

I understand you want some items return only flat rate, but others to have actual FedEx rates.

ProductCart doesn't allow the selection of a different provider per line item (e.g. like Amazon)

Therefore, I presume you want the flat rates and FedEx rates combined.  Is that correct?

I have done some brainstorming and think it could be done with minimal customization.

If you are interested in discussing the option please go ahead and open a ticket, but reference this forum thread.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic