ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some bugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some bugs
    Posted: 16-June-2006 at 6:11am
Your product is quite well enginerized, but there are some bugs along the way. Bug that doesn't produce wrong results, but doesn't work like it expected.

For example, one of that. In normal add category it says that is possible to use only 4 nested category, but in the wizard I can insert up to unlimited category.

In the add product, despite the wizard let me add all I want, the ASP code cycle only for the first 4 category.

Another things. Please review your coding style. It clashs, is disorganized and non css and W3C compliant.
amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2006 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Andrea Andrea wrote:

Another things. Please review your coding style. It clashs, is disorganized and non css and W3C compliant.

The coding style is a concern I've had as well...although, I don't believe it to affect the product in the "real world".  It has caused me countless debates with my boss though...and caused the question of whether or not we're using the right solution to arise all too frequently.

I'd love to know if version 3 is going to be have a bit more pro-grade polish on the code.  When you sell a product with full source included...you must always remember that the world is watching.

FWIW, I personally am very proud to have used productcart as our ecommerce solution.  It's an investment that paid for itself in less than one (1) month of business, and, continues to pay for itself every single day. 
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2006 at 11:53am
It's an investment that paid for itself in less than one (1) month of business, and, continues to pay for itself every single day. 

This is right, but I'm becaming crazy to make some little modify. And I've 7 years of experience on ASP classic programming.
For example another thing, insert and modify forms and splitted in 4 files instead two ad I always do.
This is meaning a lot of time in addition to make my translated version using external languages file
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2006 at 12:41pm

Thanks for your feedback.

ProductCart is the result of years of development and contains hundreds of thousands of lines of code. Whenever you are dealing with an application of this size, you can always find areas of the source code that could have been coded more efficiently and in a more organized fashion.

Still, the overwhelming majority of our customers tell us that they find modifying the source code quite easy.

That said, we have spent months and months optimizing the code and transforming the storefront so that it uses CSS. We believe you will find ProductCart v3 (out this July) a big step forward.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2006 at 6:24am
Jesus,
I'm trying now to put inside all CSS I need

Does the new version support the .net framework, or will it be always in a Classic ASP?

Can I get it for free since I just bought the 2.76 version? And on july remain just 20 days.

Edited by Andrea - 17-June-2006 at 6:26am
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2006 at 10:22pm

Hi Andrea,

Version 3.0 will still use classic ASP. There are plans for a .NET version but we don't have details on that yet.

You should probably contact Early Impact via email about upgrading to 3.0. There will be an increase in price for the 3.0 version so you should be able to get the upgrade for the difference in price.

Edited by netprofits - 17-June-2006 at 10:24pm
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic