ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v5 Bootstrap_blue Menu HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v5 Bootstrap_blue Menu HELP
    Posted: 29-January-2016 at 11:23am
Trying to setup version 5 productcart using the Bootstrap blue theme.  I needed to re-organize the menu in the header.asp file to display differently.  I've added other menu items and I need to put some of the other PC links into one of the dropdowns, and change the fonts.

1. Need to include in the Category/Department dropdown that accesses "inc_RetailCatMenu.inc" and/or "inc_WholeSaleCatMenu.inc" the links for "Shop by Brand", "Specials", "Best Sellers", and "New Arrivals" - there's no room for them across the top and want them grouped within the single dropdown.  Can I manually add them in the .inc file or will that interfere with the PC Admin "Generate Navigation" function?

2. The font size is too large when in the larger screen size - my category titles are extending far beyond the width of the dropdown menu spaces and they are overlapping each other.  Tried finding/editing the "theme.css" file for the Bootstrap blue theme section to adjust the font size, but nothing happens.  Is the font size dictated elsewhere?
REALLY need help on this.  It's holding up my launching the v5 store!!
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2016 at 6:49am
Hi Mark,

You can contact us via our web site to get help customizing the design.

However, if you are more of a do it yourself person, then here are some tips:

1.  Use your browser inspect tool.  I use Firebug myself.  Hover the inspector over the font you want to change and it will tell you the CSS class name in the style panel.  Once you know the class name you can find it in your theme.css and edit it there.  Most inspect tools also allow you to edit the CSS directly and preview the changes.

2.  Manually adding to the inc file will work, but it will get overwritten when you regenerate your navigation.  So you'll have to add them back each time.  Alternatively, you can customize the code or use a static menu.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic