ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want BTO "More Details" => short description

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want BTO "More Details" => short description
    Posted: 24-January-2009 at 9:30am
Hello!

Can anyone tell me how to get the "More Details" pop up on BTO configuration to show the "short description" rather than the "long description". My products have both, but the long description is way, way too long to show when they are in a pop up list that the "more details" creates.

It would also be great if there could be an automatic link at the end of that item's short description that would then take the customer to that particular products page so customers could see the whole (option) product detail (looonnnnnggg specifications in my case).

In summary:
  1. Click "more details" on configuration page
  2. See pop up list of the many choices available for that part of the configuration. This list shows short description (not long description) with picture that is zoomable (as present now).
  3. Have "more details" link at end of the short description shown for that product and takes customer to actual product page for that option.
Thanks!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2009 at 9:09pm
Hi Carstone, I just tested this on a V3.51 store. On the configurePrd.asp page the short description is shown and there is no link to the long description, which is display on the viewPrd page. As you have detailed long descriptions I recommend not skipping the product detail page. 
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2009 at 3:53pm
I am back at this question and I need to clarify what I am trying to accomplish:
When a customer clicks "Configure the product", they go to the configuration page. Under the items for configuration, when you have a drop down list type of display, on the right is a link to view more details that uses "showInfo.asp". It currently displays the bto item's detailed description. I want to make that show the general description. This is because my details are so long, the page goes on forever. How would I accomplish that change?
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2009 at 12:34pm
Hi carstone,

If I understand your question correctly you will need some custom coding of the asp page.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic