ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

301 Redirect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 301 Redirect
    Posted: 02-June-2011 at 7:01pm
Hi All,

I have an htm file as my website landing page. Now that I have installed the mobile add-on, I want to redirect my htm landing page to home.asp to take advantage of the automatic mobile phone redirect. I've followed the instructions in the WIKI and created a default.htm file with the following:(changing productcart to my renamed folder)
<%
Response.Status="301 Moved Permanently"
Response.AddHeader "Location", "/productcart/pc/home.asp"
%>

Once this is uploaded to my root (where my original index.htm file is located) and I enter my url I get a page loaded with the redirect code displayed rather than my home.asp page. I also tried putting in the complete url to the home.asp page in the above statement without success. In the WIKI is says to upload to my pc folder but I can't figure out why that would work since typing in my url will grab the index file and stop there. What am I missing? Any ideas on how to accomplish this redirect?

Sorry for the long post and thanks

Alan
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2011 at 7:07pm
Alan - since that code is ASP, you need to place it in an ASP page.  A .HTM page, as you discovered, does not know how to deal with ASP scripting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic