ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A useful tip - creating multiple headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A useful tip - creating multiple headers
    Posted: 03-May-2009 at 5:25pm
I've been meaning to share this one with other productcart users for a while (I've no doubt the older members are already familiar with this technique).

I was frequently asked the question  'can I make my content pages look different to my productpages?'

This question wasn't referring to the dynamic content but the whole page style. For example they would want 3 columns for the product pages and only 2 for the content pages.

You can achieve this easily by creating an additional set of header.asp and footer.asp pages.

Both the product pages and the content pages have 2 lines of code that looks like this:

<!--#include file="header.asp"-->
<!--#include file="footer.asp"--> (about line 69)

The content pages use a file called viewcontent.asp which is found in the productcart/pc folder. You'll find the above lines of code at about line 48 and 69.

Create your new content page style and then create an additonal set of header and footer files but name them differently. I renamed mine headercontent.asp and footercontent.asp

Then in the viewcontent.asp page change the code to this:

<!--#include file="headercontent.asp"-->
<!--#include file="footercontent.asp"-->

Upload both sets of header and footer files together with your amended viewcontent.asp pages and you can have different styles for both pages.

This technique can of course be applied to other pages (if you're feeling really adventurous).

Nigel

Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic