ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

about:blank Address Bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: about:blank Address Bar
    Posted: 23-June-2007 at 12:22am
Is there a way to not show the address bar that says about:blank in the pcWindowsViewPrd.asp file? I tried changing the titlebar=no but that didn't seem to have any effect.

function enlrge(imgnme) {
     lrgewin=window.open("about:bla nk","","height=200,width=200,status=no,titlebar=yes")
     imagename=imgnme;
     setTimeout('update()',500)

Thanks for your help in advance.
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2007 at 6:27am

I'm not sure but try this link for various settings available when using popups:

http://www.htmlite.com/JS016.php

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2007 at 11:32pm
I figured it out. Thanks again netprofits for your help. I had to do one other item in connection whith your recommendation to look at that other website. I added the option "location=no" to the function enlrge(imgnme) routine within pcWidowsViewPrd.asp file. However it didn't remove the address bar which shows the "about:blank" address.

Searching a bit longer on the internet, I came across a website that recommended adjusting the internet explorer security settings. There's a section called "Miscellaneous" and an option to "Allow websites to open windows without address or status bars". By changing the option from disable to enable, the detail product image window now opens without the address bar. I know however that this is only on my machine and others will be different, but I at least know its working properly.

Thanks again netprofits for pointing me in the right direction. I really appreciate your help.

Edited by Jackalope - 23-June-2007 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic