FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add Categories to the home page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add Categories to the home page
    Posted: 25-September-2007 at 11:46pm

Well, it is just a matter of what layout you want, but here's an idea:

There is that script that generates the categories to the left nav. Let's say one was to copy that and give it a new name, making changes to write the category links in a format consistent with how you want it to appear on the home page.

It would need to write to a different file than the stock script and you would cause that new file to be referenced as an include on the home page.

I have modified that generator script a couple times in order to alter the way CSS styles are assigned to different levels (category / subcategory) so I'm fairly familliar with the code if you need help.

tahoedesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahoedesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2007 at 11:38pm
I was just hoping to have instead of "featured products" or one of the other things - best sellers - have the categories listed.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2007 at 12:03am
Sounds like a custom modification, as I am unaware of any built-in way of handling this.  Want to describe in greater detail what you need to accomplish?
tahoedesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahoedesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2007 at 4:28pm
Is it possible to add "categories" to the home page, or for that matter, anything other than the standard products
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic