ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

add text formatting in Ajax bubbles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: add text formatting in Ajax bubbles?
    Posted: 30-March-2007 at 12:23pm

Hi there,

is it possible to make it so text is properly formatted in the ajax bubbles instead of just having on big blob of text?

<br>, <p> and <ul> tags would really improve the looks of the Ajax bubbles.  If anyone knows how to do this and is feeling kind, can you give me a hand?  Thanks!

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2007 at 12:29pm

You need to modify xml_getPrdInfo.asp. Search for "ClearHTMLTags" to see where it is used to remove HTML tags from multiple fields in the AJAX popups. If you remove that function from around the data, it won't remove HTML. Be careful though because more advanced HTML may cause problems with the display. Also note that the description is truncated to 50 characters...look for this line to modify that length:

pDescription =Left(pDescription ,50)

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2007 at 3:46pm

Hi there,

Thanks so much for such a fast response!

I had previously tried to do just that, but I ended up with a blank Ajax window instead, any time I tried to alter the three lines that referenced "ClearHTMLTags2" and figured i was doing something wrong.

there must be something I'm missing

netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2007 at 3:52pm

Change a line like this:

pDescription=ClearHTMLTags2(replace(rs("description"),"& quot;",chr(34)),0)

to this:

pDescription=replace(rs("description"),"&quot;",chr(34))

Note removing the function name and "(" and the ",0)" at the end of the line. We have done this and it works.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2007 at 5:34pm

It worked!

Indeed it worked!

sir, you are not only my new favorite person, but I will also sing tales of your timely assistance that will be passed along the ages from father to son to grandson until finally becoming legend!

What I did wrong was that I would delete the clearHTML tag, but then I forgot to delete the parenthesis and the ,0.  I literally could smack myself for being such a blind fool....in fact, I just did smack myself!

I may have to give your company a call soon.  I've been so caught up with selling computers that I haven't gotten much time to work on the site and there just isn't enough work left that needs to be done to hire another full time employee.  It's good to see you on these forums, it shows me that you really do know your stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic