ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a guest checkout form to checkout.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vouzamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a guest checkout form to checkout.asp
    Posted: 19-April-2011 at 4:46am
Hi,

I have duplicated the 'new customer' form on checkout.asp and changed the password fields to a hidden hard coded password to allow customer to checkout on the site as a guest. However, if a guest tries to checkout with an email that already exists in the database they are returned to checkout.asp?msgmode=3&cmode=0 and presented with the error: "The e-mail address you provided already exists in our database. Please use another e-mail address to register or use the password reminder tool to retrieve the password associated with this email account.

I have tried to trace the route through the code to isolate where the check for an existing customer takes place but without success. Can anyone advise where to look, what to search on to find the appropriate code block, or even an alternative way to prevent guests being able to checkout with an existing email address?

Kind regards,

John Askew
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2011 at 5:02am
Hi John, guest checkout is already built in to productcart.
Vouzamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vouzamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2011 at 5:07am
I am using product cart v3 (heavily customised by various developers). Can you confirm how I enable guest checkout in this version without experiencing the problem with email address' which have already been registered?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2011 at 5:36am
Upgrade to v4 :-)
If the customisations are properly documented and you run file compares with the unmodified v3 versions it should be possible. Dump any custom mods you can live without on the way. Guest checkout was not just a matter of changing an asp page or two, I would not try and add it as a custom mod to v3.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2011 at 3:46pm
I'd also suggest you move to the newest version and have some of the customizations redone if required. There have been a bunch of feature additions so it's possible that some of the customizations you previously had are now built in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic