ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a standard Fee to each product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a standard Fee to each product
    Posted: 22-May-2008 at 3:57pm

Someone, please help!!

To simpify, the situation is that we sell tickets online and every ticket
has a convenience fee. For example, the ticket will cost $60 and then the
convenience fee will be $7.  Is it possible to add a specific charge
titled "convenience fee" to each ticket?

So before the customer checks out, they should see a unit price and a
convenience fee to each ticket and then the total? Is that possible with the product cart or even the product cart BTO? If it is, can someone please tell me how!??!

Also, I understand that you are able to add options to each product and then the customer can choose from these options. Isn't it anyway possible to make an option standard on a product and a customer has no choice but to pay for that option, therefore labelling it a "convenience fee'?

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2008 at 4:21pm
You CAN do this with "options" in normal product cart - but it's a bit of a kludge as it appears as a drop down with the product and the customer then has to select it. You could customize that page to get round that - so it's pre-selected or shown as a pre-selected radio button etc.

A cleaner option is to do it with BTO - which is very straight forward. You can make it a required option in a list of 1.  BTO may seem or even be overkill for this, but it means it will work "out of the box".

With both methods you can set the proce of the option at the level of the product, so you only need a single option to cover all products.

That's just my thoughts of course - Anyone have a better approach?

Edited by Hamish - 22-May-2008 at 4:23pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2008 at 5:02pm
Do you charge for shipping?
If not you could use the a custom shipping option based on order quantities. 
This would only work, if you don't charge for shipping.  Perhaps the shipping can be included in the convenience fee.  You may need to change the title in the languages.asp I think.  Someone correct me, if it is in a different file.
Katharina
vincents View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 2:16am
Hey Hamish,

thanks for the answer.  I think you right, the easiest method would be to customize the page to make sure the option is pre selected but I think that requires some work from the back end and isnt an option in that admin interface.

Also, can you recommend any company or developer you have worked with who could install product cart and customize our site for this specific feature?

Thanks in advance.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 11:40am
Hi,
   I think it's best/easiest to leave the admin pages as they are, set an option as normal & amend the way it's displayed in the store front - so that it's just text and not a drop down.
As the customer cannot amend it there is no need for any radio button/drop down/ tick box.

This way you can price the option individually for each product using the normal back end panels.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic