ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Tax Rules by Category?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Tax Rules by Category?
    Posted: 05-July-2010 at 9:38am
Is there a way to add tax rules by category (instead of by each individual product)?

Here in Ontario Canada and in several other provinces , they have a tax called  the HST, which is a combination of two taxes - provincial and federal. I have created a zone for this tax and added the HST provinces to it. Some products (I have hundreds of them) are exempt from the provincial portion of the tax and only pay the federal portion. I am assigning those products to a  product category call PST exempt and created a zone specific tax exemption rule for that category to remove the HST from those products. Now I have to add back only the 5% federal tax. This can be done on each product individually, but I have hundreds of products. Is there a way to tax by product category instead? Better yet is there a way to reduce the tax on some products by a certain percent (using -8% didn't seem to work)?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic