ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another FREE Shipping Condnundrum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another FREE Shipping Condnundrum
    Posted: 26-June-2008 at 12:41am
Okay...so we offer free UPS Ground Shipping for over $100.

But I just realized that it is being offered to customers in Alaska and Hawaii too. I didn't know there was even such a thing as UPS Ground to Hawaii. LOL. Shipping rates to AK and HI are pricey!

For now, I have turned off the free shipping and replaced it with a coupon code for FREE SHIPPING via UPS GROUND, but even that could theoretically be used by a customer in AK or HI if they didn't read the instructions where we say they can't use them.

I'd much rather the coupon code just not work if you are outside the lower 48.

So, can Coupon Codes and/or Free Shipping be offered or excluded based on State?

Thanks!
Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
axe-essories View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axe-essories Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2008 at 5:25pm
We are struggling with the same issue.  We have a post that tells the customer their order will be delayed if they select free shipping and live outside of the main 48 and that we will get back to them with shipping charges, but it's a clunky way to do it.   It would really be nice if the application showed actual charges for ground to AK and HI customers.

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2008 at 4:41pm
Could you place a link on the page to the shipping charges for all areas? Maybe appearing as a popup window?

Nigel
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2008 at 7:47pm
People will ignore any and all instruction and still use the free shipping coupon no matter how many different ways we tell them they can't. It would be MUCH better to just make is so that AK and HI were either excluded from Free Shipping or we could at least make a coupon code that would not be good for shipping to AK or HI.
Chicago > IL > US
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2008 at 11:11am
Just to put my two cents in:  I would love it if free shipping were not available to AK and HI, also.  It is a big pain to have to explain to those customers that they will have to pay extra for shipping when there are no shipping charges at checkout. (Even though they know they ALWAYS have to pay extra.)  If you don't spell it out, you'll always have problems with AK and HI customers.  And even if you spell it out, you'll still have the occassional issue:  I've even had to use the phrase "contiguous US" instead of "continental US," because some Alaskan guy said that our website was not accurate - afterall, Alaska in on the "continent" of North America.  The word "contiguous" has its own problems.  I've had customers say they don't know what the word "contiguous" means, so I also have to say "meaning the lower 48 states."   Anyway- it would be a nice feature if we could remove AK and HI from free shipping.
www.TheSleepShop.com
axe-essories View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axe-essories Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2008 at 11:21am
Just to add another wrinkle, we actually only offer free shipping to RETAIL customers in the lower 48.  We don't offer it for wholesale customers.  Therefore, we would certainly welcome a way to limit free shipping to retail customers.  We can do a coupon, but that's an inclusive only list if we decide to limit access.  A new customer who just signed up wouldn't get free shipping until we added them.  So, that won't work.  An exclusion list for coupons would be great, or in our case checkboxes for retail and wholesale customers would be better.

Mike
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 10:48pm
So, yeah...an exclusion for Free Shipping coupons for AK and HI would be nice.

As well, I'd love to be able to offer coupons for customers in AK and HI or even outside the US for a discount off shipping on orders over a certain amount.

As far as I can tell, I can't restrict a coupon based on state or country, correct?
Chicago > IL > US
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic