ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APO AE Addresses?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APO AE Addresses?
    Posted: 14-October-2008 at 6:23am
Any hints on getting PC to allow APO AE addresses?

Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2008 at 10:16am
It does work, you just have to add it.  Add it like that under "Manage States":
Armed Forces AA      AA      US     
Armed Forces AE     AE     US    
Armed Forces AP     AP     US

Katharina
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2008 at 12:20pm

Unless I am missing something, I am very surprised that these military address state abbreviations would not have already been included in ProductCart! I am glad I read this post to see that these need to be added!

katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2008 at 12:35pm
There is another problem with APO addresses.  Anything going to APO addresses with the post office requires a customs form.  They require the country to be listed on it.  This always means for us to google the apo to find the country it is in.  I would be great help if a field will show up when someone selects the APO and asks for the country. 
Katharina
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2008 at 1:01pm
Hi Katherina,

I just checked this and from what I have gathered, a "country" is not officially used for US Armed Forces postal addresses. You can map all of the military state codes (AE, AP, AA) to use Country: United States and the US Postal Service will just ignore it.

Edited by Stuck - 14-October-2008 at 1:06pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2008 at 2:18pm
Not required for getting the postage rates calculator, that is right.
You do, however, have to fill out the customs form when shipping boxes with the post office.  Including priority mail boxes.  It is required to fill in a country on the customs form.  Trust me we ship lots of packages to APO addresses.  Plus we used to be in the military and had APO addresses ourselves.   
Katharina
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2008 at 9:24pm
Ok, sorry Katherina, I misunderstood your main point.  Wink
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 6:35pm
Thanks Katharina. I knew the answer was obvious...just having a brain block I guess! ;)

Edited by rotokirby - 15-October-2008 at 6:39pm
Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2008 at 2:01pm
WOW!  I've been using PC BTO since mid August, and I just now noticed there are no APO states on the checkout.  Why is this?!  I recommend adding those.  I remember we use to have a lot of military orders... but didn't even notice how they have fallen off in the past few months.

I just added APO addresses to the checkout and within the last two days we have received almost $8000 in sales from orders SHIPPING TO APO ADDRESSES!  Shocked

Can't believe I overlooked this.
Cliptomania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 5:47pm
      Our website ships to APO, FPO and APO addresses.  They are in the drop down list for the state field if the customer has identified the country as the United States.  We ship via USPS only as our packages are too small to be shipped cost effectively thru UPS or FedEx. So perhaps they are in the list because the USPS handles mail to them just like any other state. 
     We did have a few customers who said they couldn't find them, but it was because they were selecting the country they were posted in rather than the US.
     The one difference with these addresses and US state and territory addresses is that the packages do have to go thru the receiving country's customs system, so you do have to attach the appropriate customs form, even tho the customer will not be charged any duty or taxes. 

Clip Earrings on the Web
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic