ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apparel add on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittystees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apparel add on
    Posted: 27-June-2007 at 9:23am

I have purchased the apparel add on, and at the moment have only switched one product to apparel.

I sell sarcastic tees. I offer both mens and women's style tees as well as tanks. For each product, I would like to have the "style" option change the available sizes an colors. I want to offer 3x in mens tee style, but not womens tees. I want to offer some colors like pink and light blue in women's, but not in mens. I am really lost as to how to accomplish this. When I convert a product to "apparel" and add all the options, it applies each attribute of the option to every sub product. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the store, if it will help: www.wittystees.com

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 9:35am
I don't think you can do that with the apparel add-on. It really only works with 2 options not 3. Although more work, my suggestion would be to create different products for each style, i.e. a Men's t-shirt, Women's t-shirt and Children's t-shirt then define you colors/sizes for each of those different products. That alos allows you to category shirts by men's, women's and children's if desired.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2007 at 11:21am
If you are using Product Cart V3 you should be able to create 3 subproducts, Sex, Size, Color and then use the batch process to create the variations of each.
Once batched you should be able to find the variation (PRODUCT-Ladies-3X-Pink) and uncheck "Active" under the subproduct manager. This would prevent ladies pink 3x from being purchased.
Or if you are using the inventory part you could put a 0 quantity and the product will return "out of stock"
You could do the same thing for the mens where you deactivate all pink for men.

Edited by M Robles - 02-August-2007 at 11:23am
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2007 at 3:25pm

I think the most sensible option here is to create seperate products for men and women as suggested by netproducts regardless of which version you are using. This is much more practical for managing the stock and analysing the sales. Its also a lot clearer for your customers.

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic