ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.asp or .html home page?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .asp or .html home page?
    Posted: 26-March-2009 at 3:55pm
I am a new user of ProductCart and have successfully moved my home page to the root of my site. Since doing this, however,  I have been reading  some of the docs in the ProductCart knowledge base about search engine optimization. I recently came across a page entitled Search Engines and Dynamics. On this page it suggests that, to help a search engine spider find dynamic content on your site,  you should create a static home page for the store and then link this page to selected dynamic pages such as the featured products page. Although it briefly mentions moving the home.asp page to the site root and making it your home page as an option, it seems to favour an .html home page. I'm confused and not sure how to proceed at this point. If I thought that it would help search engines spider my site, I would gladly change the home page back to an html page which is what I originally had. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? Are html home pages more search engine friendly?
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2009 at 12:41pm
I have built quite a few productcart shops for my clients and used both static and dynamic home pages.

My own experience is that static .html pages get better listings in the search engines.

It is good on any site to have a combination of static and dynamic pages because often the search engines give you double listings and that in itself is an excellent reason to to have static pages as well.

Nigel

Edited by intour - 27-March-2009 at 12:41pm
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic