ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASP pages not working after move to new server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASP pages not working after move to new server
    Posted: 20-January-2010 at 3:00pm
I moved my website to a new server. All files appeared to upload seamlessly. The home page and any .html page on the site will load just fine. However, any productcart asp page (eg. CustPref.asp,, viewcart.asp, contact.asp, checkout.asp etc) will not load. The store has basically been disabled. I get http 500, website cannot display the page. Any thoughts regarding why this is happening?
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2010 at 3:20pm
Does the web hosting company support ASP and is it enabled for this site. If they do, has the Product Cart database been moved to the new hosting service and is the connection string setup correctly. The new hosting will problably have a different server setting for the database. Or if you're using Access you would need to make sure the permissions are setup correctly.

Also, in your browser make sure you turn off "friendly HTTP error messages" (Tools | Internet Settins then Advanced tab) so you get real error messages with the problem.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
DonnaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2010 at 8:19pm
The asp page problem is now resolved. I pushed another copy of the ProductCart directory to the server from home (avoiding corporate routers/filters). I can now see asp pages through my browser. However, the new sql database is still not working. The new database has a different name from the original one. I restored the data from the origianl database to the new one and ensured that the connection string was set up correctly (diagnostics confirms that it was). However, I still have no access to the database from the site. it should be noted that when I restored the database, it reported that the database was restored successfully but also reported an "orphaned user" (it wa actually the name of the original dbo). It looks like the tables in my new database are still owned by the former sql user and not recognized by the new dbo?? Not sure how to change ownership of sql tables if that is indeed the problem. Anyone have a quick fix for that?
netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2010 at 9:47pm
I would recommend contacting your web hosting support department for help. They should be able to help you restore the database correctly and create the correct user account in the database.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2010 at 3:29am
Yep, sounds like a problem with db ownership.

Do you have access to the SQL server? You can run a script in Querry Analyzer to reset the ownership to reset the ownership back to "dbo" rather than the username that is probably in there now.
DonnaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2010 at 7:50am
Thanks, Sean! I ran an SQL script to take care if the name problem and it it worked. However, it states that I have an "orphaned user" (which has the same name as the previous database) so I still cannot access my database from the website. I have found an SQL command that will hopefully resolve this

EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix', 'Username'

but do not have the rights to run it on the server. I am now awaiting assistance from my webhoster  :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic