FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Authorize.net CCV Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Authorize.net CCV Problems
    Posted: 11-February-2011 at 5:51pm
Another issue we're having is that the final Authorize.net processing is taking way longer than usual. The rest of the site seems to run just fine, but after entering credit card information and pressing continue, it takes 15-30 seconds to get to the order confirmation page. Could this be lag caused by authorize.net or our MSC?
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2011 at 5:22pm
Apparently authorize.net has been hanging up on our site for the past few days. It's been taking longer than usual to process. We are also having some problems with it.

Within authorize.net's merchant account settings, we have the CCV filter disabled, and have it set to allow all transactions regardless of CCV. However, something is not right.

I tried to place a couple test orders and here's what happened:

First attempt, I entered all of my details correctly but put the CCV in wrong. ProductCart returned that the transaction had been Declined. I pressed the back button and was returned to the authorize.net asp page to enter my card details again. I entered the CVV correctly and hit continue to attempt to process the order again. This time, productcart returned a declined transaction due to a duplicate transaction. This means, if someone enters their CVV incorrectly the first time, they are unable to retry their transaction with the correct CVV because Authorize.net counts it as a duplicate transaction. Let me repeat, my authorize.net settings are set to ignore the CVV.

Does ProductCart support this authorize.net setting? If I tried to enter a transaction without any CVV, productcart has always returned a message that the CVV is wrong. This leads me to believe that ProductCart's implementation of Authorize.net ALWAYS requires a CVV, regardless of one's Authorize.net preferences.

However, if an incorrect CVV is entered, the incorrect CVV message is not displayed. Instead, a generic transaction declined message is displayed.

A few minutes ago, a customer called saying that they entered their CVV correctly, and when they pressed process, the browser hung up for 15-20 seconds and then they recieved an error from productcart, saying to check their shopping cart contents and try again. The ordercomplete.asp page was never displayed. However, the order looks like it was completed from the admin dashboard. Authorize.net shows that the "financial institution does not support CVV", meaning I suppose that the customer's bank does not support CVV.

So we essentially have two problems. The first is that the CVV error message is not being correctly displayed when an incorrect CVV is entered. Instead, a generic transaction declined message is being displayed. Second, productcart's implementation of authorize.net does not seem to have any support for banks which do not support CVV, making the process hang up and the OrderComplete.asp page never display.

A third problem is regarding the Duplicate Transaction message I recieved. This means that any customer who incorrectly enters their CVV will have to wait two minutes to retry their transaction, otherwise Authorize.net will flag it as a duplicate. This is obviously too long and will cause carts to be abandoned. I am currently in talks with Authorize.net on how to remove this duplicate transaction filter.

How can I get ProductCart to correctly display the CVV error message when a CVV is incorrectly entered, instead of displaying a generic Transaction Declined message.

How can I get ProductCart to gracefully handle banks which do not support CVV, instead of freezing for 30 seconds then displaying an error message telling the customer to check the contents of their cart and try again, when in fact the transaction has completed and shows as completed both in my dashboard and on Authorize.net.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic