ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automating WebOrders to FAX automatically

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automating WebOrders to FAX automatically
    Posted: 28-February-2006 at 8:36am

I just had a quick question.  Maybe someone might know how to do this.  I've got a client who is out in the country outside of Dallas, TX (BFE) and doesn't really have reliable internet accesss.  They're asking me if it is possible to automatically take an order submitted through the PC shopping system and somehow have it convert into a document that is then automatically faxed?  They want to rely more on having orders faxed in via their physical fax machine versus getting online and retreiving orders through the admin interface. 

Is this even possible?  I see plenty of fax to email programs and services but nothing, or any scripts, that will in effect capture those order details when a customer clicks the submit order button, send it to a fax program and then dial a number and fax it to their physical fax machine (this client will not run credit cards in real time, so the order info and credit card details will be stored in the database).  Is there a server software or 3rd party service that would allow this?  I'm imagine this would require some custom programming to interface into Product Cart too.

Anyway, curious to any thoughts out there.

Thanks,

Jeff

cptkoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptkoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2006 at 11:02am

Hi

This one should be easy to resolve using an email to fax gateway like http://www.pumaone.co.uk/

Setup a specific email address for using the above service.

Sale email comes in from product cart to the email server - email server forwards a copy onto the specific fax email address and the fax pops out the other end.

You could optionally setup a filter in the email server to ensure it only forwarded the sales notifications.

If you need any help with this or want someone to supply the service let me know.

"I need a hug, I need love, I need fun, I want to feel happy. Thats the world I want to live in!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic