ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Better Management of Featured Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Better Management of Featured Products
    Posted: 08-October-2008 at 4:54am
We use the Featured Products page as our home page. Love it....but.....the management side could use a few improvements.

1). I'd love to be able to remove more than one item at a time from Featured Products. Yes, I know about Global Changes, but sadly it doesn't seem to have any way to set or remove Featured Products. Ideally, it would be better if there was a checkbox on each Featured Product in the FP management page and a check/uncheck all button so you could easily remove a bunch at once.

2.) Ordering. I'd like a little more control / easier control on how featured products are ordered. It would be nice if there was a graphical interface for moving products up/down the list...an up and down arrow next to each product would work. Or...have the ability to better control the numbering that controls the order....if you could say, hit a button and reassign the number to all featured products at once, in increments of 5 or 10 (rather than single digits) then it would be easy to go about moving items by changing their numerical value. Don't think I described that very well, but we had a plugin our previous cart that handled the order that way and it was pretty smooth.
Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2008 at 5:52am
Hi,
  You can set the order numbers to any values & increments you like and change all the ordering numbers in one go and then press "update order"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic