ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Billing and Shipping info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Billing and Shipping info
    Posted: 11-June-2006 at 12:57pm

Hello,

I've been meaning to say something about this for a year or so, and think someone has in the past.  It would be nice to have the billing and shipping information on the same page during checkout.  I get people who are confused and don't realize to add a shipping address they must select the box and then go to a completely different page.  Even though the language (and language I added) clearly states that if you're shipping to a different address than the billing address above to select the box.  Some poeple just don't get it... or take the time to read or what.  I've seen most shopping systems out there with the billing and shipping info on the same page - with a select box to fill in the shipping info if the billing is the same (if not, the billing becomes the ship to address automatically without having to fill out any information).  It seems like making the checkout process as dummy proof as possible is a good thing (plus add that discount code box on the view cart page so customers can instantly see their savings!!!!).

Also, during this part of the process you can also select whether it's a residential or commercial address.  Maybe this is specifically for the realtime UPS etc (which I don't use), but it doesn't carry over to the order information or invoices.  Seems like it should print out on the invoices.  It would be nice to let my vendors know that the order was a residential or commercial address when I fax over PO's.  Now, on the order details page in the admin area you can see that it says residential or commercial, but that's the only place it shows up.  Not on any invoices are anything else.

Next point.  Sometimes when an order comes through, and on the order details page, I can update the billing information.  BUT, many times the fields for the shipping information don't show up in the order details area.  I'm kind of confused because sometimes that info shows up, sometimes it doesn't - even if the billing and shipping is the same or residential or commercial is selected, the shipping won't show up.  It would be nice to have the billing and shipping fields always show up (prefilled, even if it's the same billing and shipping) so that information can be updated.  Right now, I have an order where the guy was confused on how to input the shipping information and called to change the info after the order was placed.  Well, I can't update the shipping because the shipping fields don't show in the order details area.  That info is locked into this order - even if I go the the customers profile and add shipping information there, it won't update the order shipping information.  It would sure be nice to be able to update the shipping information for any order at any time.

That's it for this post.... thanks!

Jeff G

amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2006 at 11:02am

I completely agree about consolidation of the billing/shipping info to a single page.
We get people from time to time confused about this as well...

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2006 at 1:29pm
ProductCart v3, to be released on July 5, 2006, pretty much addresses all of these concerns. The billing and shipping addresses have been consolidated into one page during checkout, and the Order Details page in the Control Panel has been completely redesigned.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
dockgear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2006 at 3:50pm

You guys rock!!  Thanks!

Jeff G

amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2006 at 4:50pm
You guys definitely do rock!  Any chance of us getting a sneak peek at what's coming in a couple weeks? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic