ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buy 3 Get One Free

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy 3 Get One Free
    Posted: 23-October-2006 at 3:22pm

Or anything of similar type. I have tried several ways with the current version and cannot seem to get it. If this is already in there then maybe someone can shed some light on how they did it.

Buy one get one free; Spend 100.00 and receive a free product(gift). Those make great selling features, on my particular site.

If this is not available yet, then voila, there's my request. Great product, and great support!

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 3:28pm
We use the reward points scheme which is excellent.

For example, you get 1 reward point for every £ spent at the site - a reward point is set to £0.10.

So spending £5 you get five reward points or £0.50 back - a 10% off available to use on your next order or save them up for every tenth album for free.

Equally you could set the reward points to be £ / $ 0.33.  This would give a third back or ..... buy three, get one free.

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 23-October-2006 at 3:28pm
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 3:35pm

Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply. Yes I use the reward points extensively. I even give customers 75 points for joining and making a first purchase. I have tried creating a GC with a certain product, that would be given free if they spent x amount of dollars. This would work fine but I have yet to finaggle the code to automatically enter it at the verify order screen.

As you mentioned .33 for a third back is fine, but it doesn't allow them to use it until their next visit. The points, as far as I know, are not added to their account until the order is processed.

I'd like to have this option more of a marketing idea to get the customer to buy items based on useable real time promotions.

Hope that made a bit of sense. Again thanks for the reply!

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 3:45pm
Another approach is product bundling which is powerful in v3.

A thing we're doing at present that is having an amazing impact, is a one weektime-experied 'first anniversary celebration' where everyone gets one download / product for free.

We're using an auto-applied coupon that gives 100% discount on one product once.

cheers
Mark
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 3:54pm

Interesting.

So I could then make a downloadable product, which is no charge to the customer correct? I might be able to work with something like that. I'll go read the guide on downloadables and see what I can come up with.

I like that idea. Thanks Mark, I'll post here if I can work something out.

EveningSecrets Lingerie...what 'every body' wants
EveningSecrets Lingerie
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 4:00pm
Yes I do downloadable products too to this is relevant to me.

There's a number of ways to try:

1.  Set up products at zero price that aren't listed in the store but are provided in a product bundle.

2.  Add free products anyway to the store.

3.  Use the coupons.  You can see this in action at the site.  The customer doesn't even have to type it in - the auto apply feature kicks in on their next order.

4.  Use product discounts

But yes, free products are no problem.   We do that.  If you look at our site:
http://www.wovenwheatwhispers.com

you'll see a 'free' section in our left hand categories.  All of those are free.  Some albums also attract free products (if you buy both parts of an album set, we give you a free exclusive bonus album).

Your ideas and thoughts welcome, as this helps us too think about how we do things.

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 23-October-2006 at 4:02pm
Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2006 at 7:52pm

Mark,

I was able to use your ideas to accomplish a compimise between what I wanted and what I get .

I overlooked the bundled discounts altogether and with the cross selling feature things are looking pretty good. The downloads I misunderstood. My site does not use downloadable files, but I was hoping I could set one of my apparel products as a download but not treat it like a file.

I'd still like to see a feature that allows the admin to simply set a product to give to a customer for free when they spend a certain amount. Once this requirement is met it is automatically added to the cart, or on the verify order screen if not an apparel product.

Once again thanks for all your input and nice job on your site. Good luck in the future.

EveningSecrets Lingerie
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2006 at 7:46pm
Rick,

you're welcome.  Any help I can give, just let me know.

I'm finding all kinds of ways to evolve the use of PC as we go.

cheers
Mark
edwardmills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2007 at 3:31pm

Hi Rick

This has been a major thorn in my side. It's such a useful feature I was sort of dumbfounded when I realized I couldn't do it. I've tried figuring it out based on percentage discounts but that doesn't work. I'll go see if I can work something out with the cross selling/bundled package features.

I'd love to know what you came up with.

Thanks

ed

Rick_N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2007 at 4:41pm

Hi Ed,

actually I never got it to do what I wanted but came up with some other ideas using the features provided that customers seem to like. Offering them a free product over a certain amount (needs coupon code). One way around it if you make the total amount required the same as 3 items (Buy 3 get one free).

Bundled products would work I think if you don't have apparel products. Since I use apparel products I can not use the bundle feature since the customer has to select a color or size( this feature should be implemented for all users, providing selection boxes where the bundled products are displayed). Right now it's a feature I cannot use.

Sorry I could not have been of more help Ed.

Take care.

Rick

EveningSecrets Lingerie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic