ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cart Empty after adding products from category pag
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cart Empty after adding products from category pag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 10:55pm
Just for clarification on the "Keep Session ID secure" setting (I tend to use the real name rather tan the friendly name) ... see the quote below:

Originally posted by cognecy cognecy wrote:

The Fix for IIS7

I the IIS properties window, under the ASP tab --> Session Properties, there is a setting for "New ID on Secure Connections" (this is the friendly name).  IIS7 had this set on/enabled by default.  You will need to ask your host to turn this setting off.  Once this is done, you should not have any further issue.

A more detailed explanation for this is discovered in looking at the real name for this setting which is "Keep Session ID Secure" and the description of this setting is that when enabled, it will ensure a secure channel by storing session info in an encrypted cookie.

Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 9:13am
Thanks for all of your feedback. I contacted my hosting company and asked them to:
- set 32 bit applications to true
- enable parent paths
- set "new ID on secure connections" to "off"

They did the second two requests but did not know how to set 32 bit applications to true. I thought it was in the advanced settings but they cannot find it. The site is now disabled except for the few html pages that I have. Can anyone tell me how to set 32 bit application to true. Is this what is causing my site to be disabled?

cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 9:49am
Ecotutor,

I sent you a private message this forum with my contact information.  Please give me a call .. I think I can get you pointed in the right direction.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:03am
Tell your host the "New ID on Secure Connection" setting in IIS7 is found in this path:

In IIS7 Manager go to the Sites folder on the left and click on your site(your domains). In the center of the screen under the IIS section the first Icon should be labled ASP.  you can either double click on it or right click and select "open feature"

On the screen that is up now, at the very bottom under the "Services" title there will be a selection for "Session Properties".  Open that and second up from the bottom is the setting for "New ID On Secure Connection".  IIS by default will have this set to true.  you will need to set this to False.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:26am
Thanks Mark. The hosting company managed to change the secure settings properly. It was the "setting the 32 bit application to true" that seemed to stump them. They don't know how to do that part of my request
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 9:08pm

My hosting company has finally completed the three tasks that I asked of them, which were:

- set 32 bit applications to true
- enable parent paths
- set "new ID on secure connections" to "off"
 Unfortunately all  asp pages on my site are still disabled. When attempting to access a product from the nav bar, I get - error '8002802b'
/environmental-education/pc/404.asp, line 54

(line 54 in 404.asp reads.........session("strSeoQueryString")="" )

If I access other asp pages such as my account or view cart, I get  - 500 internal server error. There is a problem with the resource that you are looking for and it cannot be displayed.
Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:36pm
One other thing that might possibly be the issue is the .htaccess ISAPI Filter  for Windows might be installed.  I believe this is installed by default with Win2008.  It can be removed from your individual domain/hosting instance or it can be removed from the server entirely (this is what I did on our Win2008 server when we discovered it

Ask them if they can remove this filter for you and see if that make a difference.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:47pm
Hi ecotutor,

Before you change anymore server settings you need to find out exactly what the problem is.  Please turn on detailed error messages on the server.  Instead of a 500 page you will get a very specific error message.  Next, open a ticket and paste the error message into your inquiry. 

cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 9:59am
Matt,

Just to let you know this user's server is a shared Win2008 server and as such, it is unlikely the host will turn on detailed error messages.  In IIS7, it is not as simple as just turning on the switch to send detailed messages to the browser as you also must alter the 'server side' 500 error message.  There is a strong recommendation from Microsoft not to use that setting on Win2008 if the server is public-facing because the errors IIS7 gives reveal too much information about the server (this is why it is off by default on this OS when it is loaded). 

I think we are going to see a lot more of this as hosts in general switch/upgrade to Win2008 64Bit machines (which is a VERY Good thing by the way but it does require your host understands how to keep legacy applications running on the new servers).

On ecotutors issue, I am 'fairly certain' this is not a software issue but rather a configuration issue with Win2008 because I ran into the same sorts of issues on our servers the first time I tried to run ProductCart on Win2008 (the exception being that it is my server and could make setting changes directly). 

Out of the box ProductCart just cannot run on a Win2008 Server with 'server default settings' because ProductCart is a Classic ASP application which is not compatible with 64Bit servers (even if 2008 were loaded as a 32 bit server, IIS7 defaults would give it some problems).  As we have discovered, being a web host successfully using Win2008 64Bit for ProductCart, there are several things you need to do in order to get a Classic ASP application to run properly on Win2008/IIS7.  I have talked with "ecotutor" offline and it seems their host likes to put up a fight when it comes to making setting changes on their servers (even if those changes are contained within her 'hosting bubble' on the server).

After we verify all initial requirements for her hosting account are set properly, then we can try to pull the detailed error messages (before that it is useless as IIS7 will not give the details for a wrong configuration and will continue to force the 500 error).  Needless to say, if the host will not turn on 'send detailed error messages to browser' and make the '500 error page' change required, the user will likely need to place a web.config file in the root of their site with the content being:

<configuration>
<system.webServer>
  <httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" />
</system.webServer>
</configuration>

When the file is not in use it can either be re-named or change "Detailed" to "OFF".

Edited by cognecy - 08-April-2010 at 10:07am
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 10:24am
ecotutor,

Going back reading through your post, I noticed you said in one location you were getting the error on the 404.asp page?  Were you using the SEO URL Re-write method on your site previously?  If so, did you set your 404 error page up properly in your hosting account?

I do still think there are some issues with your host but in going through the proper due diligence, making sure the environment is set up the same as you had it before is very important since I presume everything was working just fine before moving to the Win2008 Server.   

Edited by cognecy - 08-April-2010 at 10:28am
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic